Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Panasonic TC-P60GT30 - 14 Blink Error Code

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
    So this happened after a surge or storm? Two devices failing simultaneously and a dead HDMI port. That would make the A-board a bit vulnerable.

I've had a HDMI port go out with a storm but I was very lucky, the mainboard survived minus HDMI1.

I did not word it well, what I meant was try also the replacement A-board as well.
    Oh I gotcha. Yeah I should have tried that first. I will tonight.

I don't think we lost power, (no clocks flashing or anything), but it did happen here in MA when we had high winds from the Hurricane coming up the coast, so that has me skeptical.

In your opinion, do you think I should return the AB board and buy and AC board? I did find one online I believe.. crazy money they want! But I get why... they are rare!

Comment

Originally posted by J_Kane View Post
      Oh I gotcha. Yeah I should have tried that first. I will tonight.

I don't think we lost power, (no clocks flashing or anything), but it did happen here in MA when we had high winds from the Hurricane coming up the coast, so that has me skeptical.

In your opinion, do you think I should return the AB board and buy and AC board? I did find one online I believe.. crazy money they want! But I get why... they are rare!
      I think having the correct board would be handy but working out the bad part first would be even better. This is not a fault code I've had to troubleshoot.

This is also an option. Now it may even be worth dropping them a line as they will test the board first. If they find it's not defective then they charge a small fee and send it back. Now I'm wondering if it's feasible to send the A and both P boards to them for testing?

http://www.ptselectronicsinc.com/txn-a1nuuus/

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
        I think having the correct board would be handy but working out the bad part first would be even better. This is not a fault code I've had to troubleshoot.

This is also an option. Now it may even be worth dropping them a line as they will test the board first. If they find it's not defective then they charge a small fee and send it back. Now I'm wondering if it's feasible to send the A and both P boards to them for testing?

http://www.ptselectronicsinc.com/txn-a1nuuus/
        Wow, nice find and good advice! I had a board saved in my bookmarks, but after calling them and speaking to a customer service rep and technician, they believe it is most likely the A board and that I just need the AC board. So, I ordered one and let's up that's the fix! Better price and great service so I had to give them the business.

I'll check back after it comes in, thanks for the help as always!

Comment

UPDATE : THE TV IS FIXED!! Pts electronics unfortunately couldn't fix any of their in store AC main boards, but I finally found another store online with an AC board, just got it in 5 minutes ago and it fired right up and looks great!!

Hopefully for years to come!

Can anyone recommend a good surge protector for the coax cable line?

Thanks for all your help in steering me in the right direction!

Comment

Originally posted by J_Kane View Post
            UPDATE : THE TV IS FIXED!! Pts electronics unfortunately couldn't fix any of their in store AC main boards, but I finally found another store online with an AC board, just got it in 5 minutes ago and it fired right up and looks great!!

Hopefully for years to come!

Can anyone recommend a good surge protector for the coax cable line?

Thanks for all your help in steering me in the right direction!
            No, good to hear. Surprised at PTS. What do you mean they can't fix in store boards? Don't know how? No parts? Nothing to test it on? Just curious.

Comment

They told me once they receive an order they pull an in Stock dead board out of their inventory and make the repair. The boards they had in Stock they were not able to repair and ship out. So they just sent me an email and refunded me. Not a big deal but kinda expected the board to be ready to go when I ordered.

Comment

Working...
              X