Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic TC-P60GT30 - 14 Blink Error Code

Hi Everyone,

I have read through many helpful threads on this forum, but I haven't had much luck fixing my TV, so I figured I would post!

I have a 60" Panasonic Plasma TC-P60GT30 and one day it wouldn't turn on and was giving a 14 Blink LED code.

Pulled the back off and began to look for abnormalities, nothing found. Tested for common shorts and found nothing. Then I brought out another TV and realized the cable box HDMI port was not working. So, now I'm thinking lightning came down the Coax and fried the box and the TV.

I have a TNPH0915(1)A-AC main board, but I was only able to locate a TNPH0915(2)A-AB board, so I bought it and thought I would give it a shot.

Installed it and nothing changed, still blinking 14 times. Does the AB really differ from AC? Is there something I could swap?

Per the manual the other board to try would be the P board. So, I ordered the main power board and awaiting it's arrival.

But, while I wait does anyone have experience with this code and could lend some troubleshooting advice? I am fairly experienced around electronics, but I want to be sure I'm not messing it up even more!

Thanks for all the help in advance!!

John

Re: Panasonic TC-P60GT30 - 14 Blink Error Code

The AB board is for the 55" TV and will not work with the 60". Typically, the board suffix on Panasonic's stuff is important and must be matched.

Comment

Originally posted by aaronwt6 View Post
      The AB board is for the 55" TV and will not work with the 60". Typically, the board suffix on Panasonic's stuff is important and must be matched.
      This is an important point.
      However, it is also worth noting the set should have done something when the new board was put in. It may have had poor picture as 55" panel and 60" panel are driven differently.
      The fact that it didn't indicates either the new main board is bad, or something else is wrong.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

50inch mainboard in panasonic 60inch wont work , it will turn on and give a funny looking image and shuts down.

The 55 inch board should normally work in a 60inch tv! Any different connectors on the board ?

Please show some pictures of the set.
        I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

Thanks for all the interest in helping out!

I did lack the knowledge of the suffix when ordering the board, so it was my mistake. However the boards do all appear the same except a couple of connectors that seem to be for programming are located in different spots. Let me take a picture when I get back home.

The seller also noted that the board has been tested and has a money back guarantee so I assume it was good.

How do I test if there is F15V on pins 10 and 11? That's what I believe the manual said could be wrong between A and P boards. TV powered up and meter between ground and those pins? Or off and just a continuity test?

Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by J_Kane View Post
            Hi Everyone,

I have read through many helpful threads on this forum, but I haven't had much luck fixing my TV, so I figured I would post!

I have a 60" Panasonic Plasma TC-P60GT30 and one day it wouldn't turn on and was giving a 14 Blink LED code.

Pulled the back off and began to look for abnormalities, nothing found. Tested for common shorts and found nothing. Then I brought out another TV and realized the cable box HDMI port was not working. So, now I'm thinking lightning came down the Coax and fried the box and the TV.

I have a TNPH0915(1)A-AC main board, but I was only able to locate a TNPH0915(2)A-AB board, so I bought it and thought I would give it a shot.

Installed it and nothing changed, still blinking 14 times. Does the AB really differ from AC? Is there something I could swap?

Per the manual the other board to try would be the P board. So, I ordered the main power board and awaiting it's arrival.

But, while I wait does anyone have experience with this code and could lend some troubleshooting advice? I am fairly experienced around electronics, but I want to be sure I'm not messing it up even more!

Thanks for all the help in advance!!

John
            Does the 60 have fans?

Is it still 14 blink or is it 11?

If it's still 14 I'm think the problem is elsewhere.

If it's 11 then that will be because the 55 has fans connecting to A8, with nothing connected it will trigger SOS 11.

Sure nothing is shorted? Shorted SC board can cause SOS 14,

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
              Does the 60 have fans?

Is it still 14 blink or is it 11?

If it's still 14 I'm think the problem is elsewhere.

If it's 11 then that will be because the 55 has fans connecting to A8, with nothing connected it will trigger SOS 11.

Sure nothing is shorted? Shorted SC board can cause SOS 14,
              The 60 does not have any fans.

Yup, still the 14 blink code.

I check the SC2 connection with my meter and no continuity and about 2.2 M ohms

Comment

Here are the 2 only noticeable differences I could find.
                Attached Files

Comment

A8 is a fan connector.

Some set variants, like VT30, have fans; if A8 is present on your new board, it is expecting fans.

It is possible to jumper the connector A8 to disable the fan detection, but requires soldering wires to the board.
                  Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                  For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                    A8 is a fan connector.

Some set variants, like VT30, have fans; if A8 is present on your new board, it is expecting fans.

It is possible to jumper the connector A8 to disable the fan detection, but requires soldering wires to the board.
                    Ok, I see. But, if it the main board was working properly, wouldn't I now see a 11 Blink code like stated above? Would the TV turn on for a bit?

Right now, I plug the TV in and then I hear the first relay click, 2 seconds and the relay click again and 14 Blink Code.

Comment

Ok, I see. But, if it the main board was working properly, wouldn't I now see a 11 Blink code like stated above? Would the TV turn on for a bit?

Right now, I plug the TV in and then I hear the first relay click, 2 seconds and the relay click again and 14 Blink Code.

Try this.

TV off.

Disconect, sc2, sc20, ss11, p35, and at the A board(use your original A-board)disconnect the 3 white flex ribbons.

Now turn the TV on, observe, turn off and report.

DO NOT reconnect sc2, ss11 or p35 immedaitely, there will be residual voltage. P35 goes to the panel C boards and a spike there can destroy the panel.

Comment

Try this.

TV off.

Disconect, sc2, sc20, ss11, p35, and at the A board(use your original A-board)disconnect the 3 white flex ribbons.

DO NOT reconnect sc2, ss11 or p35 immedaitely, there will be residual voltage. P35 goes to the panel C boards and a spike there can destroy the panel.
                        Will do! I will try this tonight.

Again, thank you all for the help. I am determined to fix this bad boy, it's a great TV.

Comment

Also, is there a specific troubleshooting manual for the 60? I have only found the Troubleshooting manuals for the smaller plasma's.

Thanks

Comment

You can generally use the 50", 55" and 65" manuals for 60" sets.

The 42" ones are the odd ones out, using combined SC/SU/SD (SN board), sometimes sharing energy recovery circuits between SC and SS, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                              You can generally use the 50", 55" and 65" manuals for 60" sets.

The 42" ones are the odd ones out, using combined SC/SU/SD (SN board), sometimes sharing energy recovery circuits between SC and SS, etc.
                              Ok, thanks for that info. I'm going to dive back into today. I have the new main power supply board, worth a try. And I am also going to try what was suggested above.

Now, what is a good rule of thumb to go buy before re-plugging in ribbon cables after shut down? 5 minutes?

Thanks!
                              John

Comment

On Panasonic sets, 30 seconds should be okay, because they discharge quickly.

Comment

Try this.

TV off.

Ok, just tried this. Original A board back in. All ribbons disconnected on the A board and the other connections listed above disconnected.

Still 14 blinks. Is this a test to point towards the P board since the P6 connector is still connected?

I think I am going to throw in the new Main P board and repeat the same test.

Thanks!

UPDATE: Replaced the main Power board with the new one and left everything the same as above ^. Still 14 Blinks. Could it be a sub power board?
                                  Last edited by J_Kane; 10-02-2017, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Ok, just tried this. Original A board back in. All ribbons disconnected on the A board and the other connections listed above disconnected.

Still 14 blinks. Is this a test to point towards the P board since the P6 connector is still connected?

I think I am going to throw in the new Main P board and repeat the same test.

Thanks!

UPDATE: Replaced the main Power board with the new one and left everything the same as above ^. Still 14 Blinks. Could it be a sub power board?
                                    I would have to read up. getting complicated. Any chance you have tried the wrong board 50"? Going on what has happened I guess that too will be 14 but it is possible it was bad too.

Follow that fault tree where it says check F15V is present
                                    Last edited by tw2005; 10-03-2017, 02:22 AM.

Comment

I would have to read up. getting complicated. Any chance you have tried the wrong board 50"? Going on what has happened I guess that too will be 14 but it is possible it was bad too.

Follow that fault tree where it says check F15V is present
                                      Nope, I was weary of that myself, but I double checked and it is the original A board back in.

I will try that, but I have read different things on where the F15V should be on that 15 pin connector. I believe pins 10 and 11, so I will turn the TV on and poke around tonight to see what I can find.

Have any thoughts on why this happened? Since the cable box HDMI port was dead I think something came down the CoAx line. Though my modem seems unaffected.. strange... thanks for the continued support!

Comment

Nope, I was weary of that myself, but I double checked and it is the original A board back in.

I will try that, but I have read different things on where the F15V should be on that 15 pin connector. I believe pins 10 and 11, so I will turn the TV on and poke around tonight to see what I can find.

Have any thoughts on why this happened? Since the cable box HDMI port was dead I think something came down the CoAx line. Though my modem seems unaffected.. strange... thanks for the continued support!
                                        So this happened after a surge or storm? Two devices failing simultaneously and a dead HDMI port. That would make the A-board a bit vulnerable.

I've had a HDMI port go out with a storm but I was very lucky, the mainboard survived minus HDMI1.

I did not word it well, what I meant was try also the replacement A-board as well.
                                        Last edited by tw2005; 10-03-2017, 06:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X