Vizio E370VT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vizio E370VT

So I'm getting back to this TV after 4 months. I started a new thread as the situation has become peculiar with this set, but here is the old thread. That old thread got terribly long and some of my troubleshooting results got iffy so I figured I would start anew.

So in the few months I put it off to the side, I had ordered new Power, Main and Inverter boards. I started by putting all the original boards in and just got the orange led turning to blue when hitting the power button. So I started with replacing the Power board first. And bam....had Vizio logo and DVD content played.
    So I figured I would test the other 2 boards and flip them on eBay if they checked out. So put in the "new" inverter board first....still had Vizio logo come up. Put the old Inverter board back in and moved on to the Main board. Put that in and no pic/backlight or anything. So figured that "new" Main board was bad. So I put the original Main board back in and now I still get that same orange to blue power led but no backlight.
    I've checked all my connections are seated, and I'm just dumbfounded. Was it because something reset after sitting for so long on one of the boards? Do I go back and start testing everything coming out of the power board again and start at the beginning? Any one ever have this issue?

Re: Vizio E370VT

You could try freezing the flash eeprom ic on the main board, I had a couple vizio's, E371e and a E390-A1 both with eeprom problems

Comment

Originally posted by jason424 View Post
      So put in the "new" inverter board first....still had Vizio logo come up. Put the old Inverter board back in and moved on to the Main board. Put that in and no pic/backlight or anything.
      Did you happen to test the old inverter again BEFORE removing the mainboard?

What if the failure actually is the old inverter board.. they can be temperamental....

Just a suggestion

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
        You could try freezing the flash eeprom ic on the main board, I had a couple vizio's, E371e and a E390-A1 both with eeprom problems
        I tried freezing with no change.

Originally posted by Doc38343 View Post
        Did you happen to test the old inverter again BEFORE removing the mainboard?

What if the failure actually is the old inverter board.. they can be temperamental....

Just a suggestion
        I didn't test the original inverter again before removing the main. I did just put all orig boards back in, nothing. Then put the new power in, nothing. Left new power in and put in new inverter, nothing.

So I think I need to take a further look at the IC. These are them correct? Is there a way to test the pins to see if it is truly the issue? Even if the TV does not come on?
        Attached Files

Comment

One thing to note is when freezing the eeprom, do it without power applied because it gets read as soon as you plug it in.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
            One thing to note is when freezing the eeprom, do it without power applied because it gets read as soon as you plug it in.
            Yeah, I did it with no power, no change at all.

Comment

Working...
            X