Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sharp LC-90LE657u Large LCD panel removal tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharp LC-90LE657u Large LCD panel removal tips?

Does anyone have any general advice for removing a large 90" lcd panel to get at the led strips? One of freakaftr8 posts suggests that he started with the panel face up. Can this be done with the panel evenly supported and facing down and just removing the LED housing while leaving the lcd/diffusers/frame all in place?

Thanks

Re: Sharp LC-90LE657u Large LCD panel removal tips?

Jeez that will be a fun job, best get the Led first so you can it out the way as fast as possible meaning less rick of screen damage. My advise have about 4 people to help get it out the way and rest it on something that is easy to pick the Lcd back up after but just be VERY careful. Also you got us any images matey would like to see inside a 90" set ?
    Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

pLAstic sheeting under it
      and lifting like thaT
      or something similar
      just 4 people lifting it without some thing to factor in balance will be hard.

Comment

I have done 70" screens using thick brown parcel rapping paper, slide it under the LCD from the non tab end,then with help lift using the paper to form a stretcher under the screen.

Comment

Yes, panel face down and lift the panel housing off the screen. Cover the screen and diffuser sheets with something (I use fresh garbage bags) until you are ready to reassemble.

Comment

Hi, thanks to everyone for the good ideas. I did not think of sliding a thin sheet of plastic or paper underneath to form a stretcher.

Comment

Originally posted by mmartell View Post
              Yes, panel face down and lift the panel housing off the screen. Cover the screen and diffuser sheets with something (I use fresh garbage bags) until you are ready to reassemble.
              Hi, thanks for the suggestion. On the face down method, does the bezel remain in place? Can you provide any more detail on the face down method?

Comment

Biggest Led job ive done is 55" I managed by my self but I have very slender arms so gues that helps
                Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

No idea on this tv never seen one but I suspect the bezel is hiding the screws to remove the inner frame. You'll be removing exactly what you would need to remove to do the job face up. And of course you'll need to be careful seating the light box on reassembly. Keep us posted.

Comment

Well yesterday I managed to get the LCD panel removed. After disassembling the unit, I determined that the "face down" method would not work as the unit was too heavy to be supported by the black plastic frame which centers/supports the LCD.

A suction cup jig was created as in the photo using some cheap HFT suction cups attached to some 1in aluminum slatwall extrusions and 1/2 lumber. The masking tape hooks were just used as a backup in the event one of the suction cups came loose. The screen did not flex as much as I originally thought. The measurements of the panel are 80"x46". Haven't got it back together yet, but it appears the culprit was a cold solder joint on one of the LEDs on the first/top row of LEDs.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X