Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vestel 17PW25-4 Alternative Board

Hello

How is it going. I have a problem with one of this vestel crappy psu and though am not really that good tech of a guy but i really need solution to this.

My tv keeps flashing blue led light and will not start. Sometimes when you up plug it and plug back in 2 or 3 times, the blue led will now steady (standby mod) and it will now power on. This have been going on for about 3 months and it pisses me off to sit and wait for your tv to take like 20 - 30 mins to com on.

However, for about three days now, the set is not coming on again no matter how long a wait and plug and unplug, it doesn't just come on. Have taken it to two repair shops, one said is the main board (picture board) the other said it is the power board. Don't which to follow as both are costly to repay.

I opened and check the power board and found out it is 17pw25-4 and i have read a lot of negative threads on that board. Their is nothing like blown diodes or capacitors or resistors their and am puzzled.

What should i do? I have attached the picture of it to this post.
    Attached Files

Re: Vestel 17PW25-4 Alternative Board

what mainboard number is used in this set and what is the make and model number of the tv.

Comment

Disconnect the Mb, do you get 12v, 24v and 5v on the second side of the diodes on the Psu ? If so Psu is fine and Mb issue. You need to diagnose it before chucking boards at it. If the mainboard is a 17MB60 etc probably corrupt firmware. Also most times you can use a 17PW26 which is more reliable however it might need you to move some wires over on the connector.
      Last edited by ReeceyBurger123; 10-16-2016, 03:52 AM.
      Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

psu schematic
        Attached Files

Comment

Vince, the sch for Vestels is useless sorry mate. They change the design per Tv so you mares well manually find the voltages yourself which is easier and will save messing up.
          Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

Comment

Thanks for that info will remember it in future so you recomend just testing like you mention above (12v, 24v and 5v on the diodes on the secondary side of the Psu) if these are fine then its a mainboard issue most of the time.
            Last edited by vinceroger69; 10-16-2016, 05:57 AM.

Comment

HI
              I think if we look at pic we can find answers for the psu .
              vestel power supply has its own special treatment in dezine .
              I think schematic is good .
              thanks
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ReeceyBurger123 View Post
                Disconnect the Mb, do you get 12v, 24v and 5v on the second side of the diodes on the Psu ? If so Psu is fine and Mb issue. You need to diagnose it before chucking boards at it. If the mainboard is a 17MB60 etc probably corrupt firmware. Also most times you can use a 17PW26 which is more reliable however it might need you to move some wires over on the connector.
                Hi, thanks for your quick reply, after disconnecting the mother board, the volts on the psu are fine and are at 12v, 24v, and 5v.

The mb is 17mb65-1 v.2

is it a firmware problem? cuz i can't even see anything shorted or blown. And are u suggesting i get a psu 17pw26 and do some modifications before use??

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
                  what mainboard number is used in this set and what is the make and model number of the tv.

Hello Vince

The main board number is 17mb65-1 v.2

Comment

I would say Mb issue then, firmware fault maybe try factory reset.

Comment

hi
                      this factory reset for VESTEL FAMILLY .
                      from remote
                      menu + 4725
                      to change T-CON properties
                      menu + 4726
                      to change panel type
                      menu + 4727
                      to make total reset
                      menu + 4729
                      thanks

Comment

Originally posted by exlink View Post
                        Hello Vince

The main board number is 17mb65-1 v.2
                        what is the make and model number of the tv

Comment

hi
                          this is the power supply for main board 17mb65 for vestel tv .
                          thanks
                          Attached Files

Comment

i think am gonna throw this tv into the garbage. I think of getting an LG tv.

what do you guys think? or any better and economical tv set you can recommend???

I just don't wanna spend money on this and later they will tell me is another thing.

Comment

Just replace the Mb issue solved. But if you do decide to trash it dont hesitate to stamp and burn it lol

Comment

Just replace the Mb issue solved. But if you do decide to trash it dont hesitate to stamp and burn it lol
                                +1.....I would quote the make and model of this TV to the Seller when purchasing a Main Bd.....changing the Main Bd WILL fix your issue.....

Comment

why are u so sure the mb is the problem?

I thought the led blinking issue should be a power problem?

Comment

why are u so sure the mb is the problem?

I thought the led blinking issue should be a power problem?

Comment

were can i get the firmware for this vestel 17pw25-4 amd main board 17mb65-1 v.2 ????

Comment

Working...
                                      X