Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just wondering can one of you guys point me in the right direction please LG 42pcd1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wondering can one of you guys point me in the right direction please LG 42pcd1

Hello people
    Would some kind person's cast a eye over this problem please.
    I have a lg 42 pc1d that is playing up, the problem is as follows, the tv went off and into stand by red light, I tried to turn it on and it clicked on with no sound/picture for not even 1 second then off it went, so I opened it up and found two 10v 3300uf had opened so I replaced them with the same, tried again it clicked came on for 7 flashes of white light where the stand by light is, and still no picture or sound, then went off again.
    I did hear a couple of times a loud pop sounded like speakers.

My soldering skills are very good and I have all the equipment except a scope,
    I take instructions very well and am a quick learner.

So if any one could offer advice I would be very great full

Many thanks people
    Great forum and site

Basicbrilorrainebrianlorrainebri

Re: Just wondering can one of you guys point me in the right direction please LG 42pc

seem like can be PSU problem, can try disconnect all connector from PSU except power source then measure the output voltage see if correct . another thing to be notice is the light source power and output.
    Happy troubleshooting

Comment

Re: Just wondering can one of you guys point me in the right direction please LG 42pc

H Steve
      Thanks for your input this is all new to me mate, my field is nothing to do with input and output, but I'm a very quick learner and very carefully.
      Hope you can help
      Cheers bri

Comment

Do you get Vs and Va voltage ? On this chassis if the Vs rail doesn't come up it shuts down, you will need a DMM to test this.
        Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

hi'
          thanks for your reply' as i said this is not my field of expertise' its designing and creative bespoke designs'

but saying that i have always been very interested in this so could do with a small bit of help please.

cheers bri

Comment

Originally posted by basicbri2611 View Post
            hi'
            thanks for your reply' as i said this is not my field of expertise' its designing and creative bespoke designs'

but saying that i have always been very interested in this so could do with a small bit of help please.

cheers bri
            Perhaps if you attached close up clear pictures of the power board with connectors one of these TV people could help point you where the voltage would be measured.

Comment

reecy has given you the best advice, using a multi meter test the voltages, being very careful as there are some high voltages in plasma tv that can stop your heart !!!!!!!!!!

All the voltages on theese tvs are marked on each board, vs and va exact voltages are marked on a sticker on the panel

Comment

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=23887

GIYF. This may help. This was the 1st result I found.

Comment

Originally posted by wills123 View Post
                  reecy has given you the best advice, using a multi meter test the voltages, being very careful as there are some high voltages in plasma tv that can stop your heart !!!!!!!!!!

"All the voltages on theese tvs are marked on each board, vs and va exact voltages are marked on a sticker on the panel"
                  basicbri2611 can you find these marking on your power board? For these techs it is second nature they seem to forget when they did not even know what a resistor was. I am sure they will help you. You just need to take things in steps. If you do not know how to use a multi-meter you will have to learn that. This is a good forum for helping you out with that.

Comment

Most issues,with the pc1D and the 1DA,is usually failure of either the ipm ic's on the ysus,and,occasionally,the zsus.Generally a rather reliable set.I would guess there is still a issue with the power supply,but a long time since i have worked on one of these.sorry i can't be of any much further assistance,but good luck!

Comment

i updated my samsung plasma tv ...model number PS43E450A1RXSJ, after successful update...no picture is displaying....guys please i need help...

Comment

Help

i updated my samsung plasma tv PS43E450XSJ...after a successful update no picture is displaying...please i need help...

Comment

you need to start your own new thread,as it is irrelevent on this particular one!

Comment

Working...
                          X