Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Technika LCD22-228G 21.6" Flatscreen TV - Resetting after a few seconds

Hello everyone

I hope you guys can help me with my current repair of this Technika (yes, I know!) flatscreen 21.6" TV with in-built DVD. Crappy Tesco purchase.

(Please see attached photo).

Symptoms

The unit resets itself after a random amount of seconds back to standby mode and then attempts to fire back up again. There is no pattern to it - Generally it never stays on for more than 15 seconds.
    The backlight is fine and 'No signal' is often displayed on the screen for a short time.

Checked so far

The board in the centre is the Power supply (which outputs a single 12V rail). This unit is working fine. I changed the two 1000uF capacitors anyway, but this board is not the issue as I confirmed that the unit still resets itself when using a totally different 12V power unit.
    The problem appears to be the main board on the left.
    All capacitors seem fine, although I did change several 470uF caps which were across the 12V rail anyway to see if it helped (no change).

Right now, I am stuck. There are more capacitors on this board that I could change (most 470uF) but they look fine. I've heard bandied about that it may be an issue with a regulator but I'm not certain. I don't have access to a scope, just a Digital meter. For reference, the caps on the board are marked as make SGF (not heard of that one).

Any assistance you guys can provide would be gratefully appreciated.

Thank you
    Chris
    Attached Files

Re: Technika LCD22-228G 21.6" Flatscreen TV - Resetting after a few seconds

This could be a faulty eeprom what is the mainboard number.

Comment

I would say epprom as well being a CV mobo seen lots of them fail.
      Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

i'v got one of those.
        has anybody got a spare stand?

btw, check the 5v on the mainboard - make sure it's not dropping out.
        and dont confuse it with a seperate 5v supply for the dvd drive.
        Last edited by stj; 09-29-2015, 10:26 AM.

Comment

You guys are great - Thank you for all the speedy responses.

Mainboard reads thus:

Model: X185/54G-GB-TCDU-UK
          ATV: CV306L-F30_LTM185/LTA216AT01-B1.2.14-5C30

The TV is model number:

Cheers

Comment

Stj - Yes, I see there are two separate 5V regulators on that board.
            I can check them tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
            X