M3D421SR main board replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M3D421SR main board replacement

I can not find a new mainboard for this TV, its # is: TXBCB2K00603Q.

Does anyone know its 'brother': #TXBCB2K00605Q would give me a problem?

Thanks

Re: M3D421SR main board replacement

Google the part number...

Comment

Originally posted by splitcrete View Post
      Google the part number...
      I did, but I can not get a confirmation that this other part (5Q) will be exact replacement for (3Q). I received conflicting reports, one seller said that they are not compatible and another said that they will be fine.

TXBCB2K00605Q is listed as a part that goes into M3D421SR, I'm just looking for some clarification (since Vizio does not provide any) from the field to make sure this will work.

Thanks

Comment

A quick search on Ebay and i found that the boards below are for the M3D421SR model…..

CBPFTXBC2K00601Q
        CBPFTXBC2K00602Q
        CBPFTXBC2K00603Q
        CBPFTXBC2K00604Q

Did you compare them visually? It could be that 1 model is used for example a different country?
        I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

I do not have the new 5Q board yet. So no visual comparison is possible yet.

I looked all over, and no-one has a new 3Q in stock (but that one post on ebay #321476068404, board is 'used').
          I was also unable to find any further reference to the different flavors of the TXBCB2K0060XX. One seller said that as long as the the first set of number is: CBPFTXBC2K006 it should work, however another said that it will not.

I ended up ordering a 'new' 5Q board, well see how it works when I get it. Trial by fire! :-)

But, if anyone has any explanation to what these number signify, that would be great!

Regards

Comment

Its not a problem that the board is used? Im thinking that these boards have minor differences.
            You could have googled for images of the 5Q board and compare it to yours

good luck and let me know if the board works or not.
            I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

From what I saw in the pics, I could not find any differences. Maybe I missed something.
              I was hoping to find manufacturer's x-ref sheet, but I think I may be dreaming here.

I will definitely post back as to how it goes. It may help out the next guy.

Comment

Here are my 2 board, I can not see any differences to my untrained eyes.

Anybody care to take a quick peek?
                Attached Files

Comment

OK! I got the new board and I replaced it.

IT WORKED! :-)

Thank you and good luck! If anyone is interested in my old CBPFTXBC2K00603Q let me know.

Comment

Hey, I see that you replaced your main board with the 5Q. Is it still in working order?

Comment

Working Great!

No problems at all! Got lucky this time.

Comment

This fix can help some with bad firmware, I can't find any information on the other board part number matching or being compatible with the M3D421SR

http://www.ernestos-electronics.com/...re-update-fix/

Comment

ecking767, this fix might work if your board is semi-fried; however my was partially working.
                          TV was functional, with the exception of HDMI signal inputs. All other inputs worked, including VIZO apps.

Comment

Originally posted by twoj View Post
                            ecking767, this fix might work if your board is semi-fried; however my was partially working.
                            TV was functional, with the exception of HDMI signal inputs. All other inputs worked, including VIZO apps.
                            You will be surprise on how a bad Firmware can effect a main board. not just stuck on logo or not powering on problem. other problem like no picture and missing HDMI ports. Its a very importance part on a main board

Comment

So the firmware on these can get corrupted?

Have you ever seen it corrupt the HDMI inputs only?

Comment

twoj, Thank you! I am trying to find the 5Q online and can't seem to find it. Could you tell me where you ordered yours from?

Comment

I go mine on ebay. Seller was: usblu_ray626

Contact him to see if has any more.
                                  OR try to reflash the firmware @ $35 seems reasonable.

BTW, what is the problem with your TV?

Comment

Black screen. Won't turn on, but Vizio logo lights up when connected to a power source. I took it to the repairman, but he can find the part (main board) anywhere, so I thought I'd offer to help look (that way I wouldn't be charged markup on the part as well.

Comment

I'd try ecking767 fix above... for $35 you can not beat it... I do not know enough to say it will/will not work, but $35 is a small price to find out.

Keep looking on ebay, and I would try other number as well 3,4,5,6 in the series...

Comment

Working...
                                      X