X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5N2307 Failure on TH-42PZ77U

just picked this up

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/sys/4815882763.html

And I started lifting legs on the 5N2307's till it powered up. Currently I have the bottom 3 re-soldered and leg on number 4 up. tried it for a hour or so works fine.

Any Issues running it with one not there?
    I've seen newer versions of these boards with Missing FET's maybe they found out it had a few too many.

I don't know exactly what it does. So any ideas from people who know about how this board works.

I was thinking just run it with lower contrast/brightness
    Attached Files

Re: 5N2307 Failure on TH-42PZ77U

I could easily be wrong here but iirc those are run in parallel and are sharing the workload so with only one you risk releasing the magic smoke in short order.

Comment

that's why i was thinking of running it at half contrast as its considerably darker. I was going to use it as a spare tv for lan party's.So it might see a few hours every week.

Comment

I have to ask what your opposition is to simply replacing that mosfet ??

Comment

Everyone that removed the board had issues with ribbon clips and stuff I don't want the hassle if i don't and I can't solder very well.If anyone knows what exactly these do please chime in.

Comment

You need to replace the FET. Study the connectors really well before you start unplugging them. I had issues with the ribbons but eventually got it. I was a little too rough with The SD board and pulled the connector off. Fortunately, I was able to fix it.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...ght=Th-42PZ77u
            Last edited by johnboy1313; 12-23-2014, 12:36 PM.

Comment

I've been running it all day and did the firmware update too. Seems fine. I might order the fet and sell the tv with it. I got a free Hitachi p42h01 the guy didn't know ther was a master power switch.I dunno which one I'll keep

Comment

update tv still works great and now i have 2 more exact same model that had 10 blinks and i fixed with a wire on a bad thermal fuse

Comment

Fixed = Bodged? LOL

Do me a favour bud and don't sell your sets on without replacing the actual parts, You risk setting fire to someones house by jumping thermal circuits
                  Last edited by newtothis; 04-08-2015, 09:49 AM.

Comment

considering i use these for lan parties and unplug them everytime there not in use I could care less about thermal fuses that can't be reset. they should have breakers in them or a sensor to shut it down. these things were $2,000 a few years ago now there barely $20 craigslist junk.....

Comment

The issue is that you don't know what caused the parts to fail. It is a crap shoot as to when those faults will cause more damage and it can happen anytime. Do you want magic smoke and possibly worse at one of your LAN parties?

Comment

dust buildup lowers the fans efficiency and the transformer runs too hot.
                        incidentally the update is call "peak limit" so I'm assuming it limits peaks to avoid stress on the PSU components.

Comment

Working...
                        X