Panasonic bad SC board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic bad SC board

Hi all! I have a panasonic tc-p55gt31 55" plasma tv. I am looking for an sc board since I am now getting the "seven red blinks of death" and the tv is dead. I only got about 2 years of functionality out of the tv. But anyways I cant seem to find the correct board anywhere!

I need tnpa5335 but all i can seem to find is tnpa5335 BG or AG which seem to be both different versions. I am not sure if these will work in the tv and I dont want to risk it.

So any idea where to find this board? thanks so much for any and all help!!

Re: Panasonic bad SC board

I got a kit from ShopJimmy. It also has longer screws with lock washers. When the ground screws loosen causes arcing that damages the board.

Comment

I also needed an SC board for my Panasonic plasma. I eventually located one on ebay after patiently looking every day for about a month. Other sites like ShopJimmy and others did not have it. They are not easy to locate and are relatively expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by dolt View Post
        I also needed an SC board for my Panasonic plasma. I eventually located one on ebay after patiently looking every day for about a month. Other sites like ShopJimmy and others did not have it. They are not easy to locate and are relatively expensive.
        And that's why we need to keep the old core boards and start component repair because Panasonic are'nt going to produce anymore to support these Tvs.

did you keep the old board? What model was yours?

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
          And that's why we need to keep the old core boards and start component repair because Panasonic are'nt going to produce anymore to support these Tvs.

did you keep the old board? What model was yours?
          The TV is a TC-50PS14.

Here's a picture of the old damaged SC board:

If interested, I would be happy to ship it for a small fee.

Comment

i also still have my board, there are no burn marks of any kind. But your right they are so hard to find online, i can only find "repair services" on ebay and they look kind of sketchy.

Comment

Originally posted by freshsta42 View Post
              i also still have my board, there are no burn marks of any kind. But your right they are so hard to find online, i can only find "repair services" on ebay and they look kind of sketchy.
              Moduslink pTS

Comment

TNPA5335BK, TNPA5335 apparent suit yours

Comment

Hmmph!

Seems that Panasonic have gone really Crappy in recent years, I would say Worse than VESTEL!...

I have a few dating from about 5 years to 2 years--about 5 sets in total.

As the sets in age get younger with the newer models, starting from the 42PZ70 which is built like a tank and working well at 16,000 hours, we then have a 42PX80--which isnt bad, fairly well made--but stuffed Mainboard, to this 2 year old TX-P42U30, which I was looking forward to fixing-
                  -Which is built like utter crap, sorta of slung together with no apparent thought whatsoever as to longevity.
                  Even looks to me that they omitted two IGBTs in the SUS side as cost-saving, There's places for three on each side of the 'SUS' switching wired in parallel, but only two were fitted. These two have got hot and marked the board--They are also Short. These two, plus the two in the ERC switching are faulty. (I suspect the ERC IGBT's failed, then took out the SUS devices....)

The Diodes all around there are OK.

There's no heatsinking on anything except the PSU parts, the IGBT's on the SN (SC/Y-SUS) are surface-mount TO220 devices, 30F131, a 360V 30A/200A pulse IGBT, that very obviously get hot as the board is scorched, the IGBTs are short, 6 of the buggers, probably driver device issues now too!

No Heatsinking, No 'Toad' Nothing, just the scorched board for a heatsink, no-wonder they pop off at 2 years old!

Looks like about 4 years ago, Panasonic lost either all interest in quality or in Plasma sets (Maybe both....), and churned out this utter pap which lasts literally 2 years--Cheapened to the point of failure. The set new was only £550 or so, yes--a cheap price for a full HD 42" Plasma, but even Vestel can outlast this tosh!

Ebay is full of these models with this same SN board, all with same fault. Dead/7/10 blink. Its TNPA5349 ab 'SN' Board, common to a few FHD models

Think I might write a stinking letter to Matsushita/Panasonic UK--just for a larf saying that this just ISNT right, and like Samsung before them, leaving themselves open to legal action, by supplying such utter crap!
                  TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
                  http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
                  PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

Moduslink pTS
                    thanks but i already checked there and unfortunately it says they are out of stock on the tnpa5335

Comment

If you remove the burnt IC, look to see if the traces are burnt. Check the surrounding area for damage and replace that IC. If you can't find a good replacement then you have no choice but to try to repair it. I bought a bunch of assorted heat sink and a glue for heatsinks for these types of problems
                      Last edited by Ltank; 10-07-2014, 10:14 PM.

Comment

what about st60 build quality

Comment

Originally posted by freshsta42 View Post
                          thanks but i already checked there and unfortunately it says they are out of stock on the tnpa5335
                          2 options, refurbished, repair and return. You have to select the dropdown box. I don't think Ive seen a refurbished board for sale yet. $10 cheaper for yours repaired, unless you don't have your board.

have another look

Comment

Originally posted by Alastair E View Post
                            Hmmph!

Seems that Panasonic have gone really Crappy in recent years, I would say Worse than VESTEL!...

I have a few dating from about 5 years to 2 years--about 5 sets in total.

As the sets in age get younger with the newer models, starting from the 42PZ70 which is built like a tank and working well at 16,000 hours, we then have a 42PX80--which isnt bad, fairly well made--but stuffed Mainboard, to this 2 year old TX-P42U30, which I was looking forward to fixing-
                            -Which is built like utter crap, sorta of slung together with no apparent thought whatsoever as to longevity.
                            Even looks to me that they omitted two IGBTs in the SUS side as cost-saving, There's places for three on each side of the 'SUS' switching wired in parallel, but only two were fitted. These two have got hot and marked the board--They are also Short. These two, plus the two in the ERC switching are faulty. (I suspect the ERC IGBT's failed, then took out the SUS devices....)

The Diodes all around there are OK.

There's no heatsinking on anything except the PSU parts, the IGBT's on the SN (SC/Y-SUS) are surface-mount TO220 devices, 30F131, a 360V 30A/200A pulse IGBT, that very obviously get hot as the board is scorched, the IGBTs are short, 6 of the buggers, probably driver device issues now too!

No Heatsinking, No 'Toad' Nothing, just the scorched board for a heatsink, no-wonder they pop off at 2 years old!

Looks like about 4 years ago, Panasonic lost either all interest in quality or in Plasma sets (Maybe both....), and churned out this utter pap which lasts literally 2 years--Cheapened to the point of failure. The set new was only £550 or so, yes--a cheap price for a full HD 42" Plasma, but even Vestel can outlast this tosh!

Ebay is full of these models with this same SN board, all with same fault. Dead/7/10 blink. Its TNPA5349 ab 'SN' Board, common to a few FHD models

Think I might write a stinking letter to Matsushita/Panasonic UK--just for a larf saying that this just ISNT right, and like Samsung before them, leaving themselves open to legal action, by supplying such utter crap!
                            TBH, If I had a 2011 model to fix, it'd be one I'd sell for profit. 2010 model ok but still they fail, I'd probably go for the PZ80/800 for logevity and one of the cheapest repairs for the 2/10 blink PSu. see them very cheap when for sale but high power usage, well built and fans to boot.

looking at the sc boards, I could be wrong but it looks like they started heading back to proper heatsinks near the end . Vacancies on boards, usually because of the different size screens they use more in parallel. The board and lands are the heatsinks but the higher end they did add surface mounted heatsinks and added extra sinks soldered to the PCB lands .

Trendy to have a thin TV I guess>

One thing i notice with mine (2010) the difference between my FHD and the cheaper FHD was they used a smaller cut down Sc, and no heatsinks on the SD/SU. My buffers barely get warm so probably not needed but I would agree the cheaper models are cut down in components

Comment

As tw2005 suggests, use Moduslink PTS. I've used them twice to repair SC boards for a 50" and 54" Panny. Just got one back today and it works great.

Comment

I have used Moduslink for repair of 3 mainboards and I recommend them.

Comment

2 options, refurbished, repair and return. You have to select the dropdown box. I don't think Ive seen a refurbished board for sale yet. $10 cheaper for yours repaired, unless you don't have your board.

have another look
                                  awesome! thank you!

Comment

The TV is a TC-50PS14.

Here's a picture of the old damaged SC board:

If interested, I would be happy to ship it for a small fee.
                                    50 bucks good board

Comment

I have one good shape. Email me at jamie_ydr@yahoo.com. 50$ plus shipping.

Comment

That's probably repairable. Even if the traces are burned, there's trace repair kits.
                                        ------------signature starts here------------

Comment

Working...
                                        X