Hisense HE43A6100UTWS Panel problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hisense HE43A6100UTWS Panel problems

Panel shows two good half pictures when alternatively plugged in but poor/ distorted picture when both sides of panel are plugged in. Is this a panel or drive fault?
    Attached Files

Is the right side upright or upside down?

Comment

half buffer issue caused by all in one boards (MB) try first with firmware to downgrade.. if not solved.. replace all in one boards.

Comment

Originally posted by EazyBone View Post
        Is the right side upright or upside down?
        No set was upside down so as not to put pressure on the knob at the bottom. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
          half buffer issue caused by all in one boards (MB) try first with firmware to downgrade.. if not solved.. replace all in one boards.
          Thanks Diah, Now that I know it's the main board I can see if the repair is viable as it looks like its abit old & not smart. A local supplier has one for 1100 zar. Will look see if I can do the firmware downgrade (download & upgrade?) first though.

edit: sorry it is smart so might be worth it. Tx

Comment

Originally posted by Grunder View Post

Thanks Diah, Now that I know it's the main board I can see if the repair is viable as it looks like its abit old & not smart. A local supplier has one for 1100 zar. Will look see if I can do the firmware downgrade (download & upgrade?) first though.

edit: sorry it is smart so might be worth it. Tx
            go to Hisense FTP server and download early firmware for yours set... the end format of yours set should be .bin

Password: Hisense1234

Comment

go to Hisense FTP server and download early firmware for yours set... the end format of yours set should be .bin

Thanks Diah, most appreciated, will try and get back

Comment

Hi Diah, Ibe tried the link for Hisense ftp server but keep getting "There were input errors, please try again later. I don't know if this is because I have an old Galaxy A5 phone (I get denied access to various sites saying the my device is not suitable/ old). I went to the official site and tried the support route but also came up blank. Up until recently Hisense factory (assembly plant) in our country had a fair spares supply chain to the public but lately the phones either drop your call or don't answer. A larger repair company in another province/ state have access to the board and at a last attempt will just replace the main board as opposed to downgradin to a an earlier version as you suggested. I thought the bin file might be resident on Badcaps but not really sure on how to find the file. I referenced the panel number but it doesn't come up? So will attempt board replacement. Thanks for all. Mike

Comment

Hi Diah, Ibe tried the link for Hisense ftp server but keep getting "There were input errors, please try again later. I don't know if this is because I have an old Galaxy A5 phone (I get denied access to various sites saying the my device is not suitable/ old). I went to the official site and tried the support route but also came up blank. Up until recently Hisense factory (assembly plant) in our country had a fair spares supply chain to the public but lately the phones either drop your call or don't answer. A larger repair company in another province/ state have access to the board and at a last attempt will just replace the main board as opposed to downgradin to a an earlier version as you suggested. I thought the bin file might be resident on Badcaps but not really sure on how to find the file. I referenced the panel number but it doesn't come up? So will attempt board replacement. Thanks for all. Mike
                  i get the same error code

Comment

Hi, post a picture or more of the back side view of boards.. my guess is bad tcon board.. bye...

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post

i get the same error code

server working with out any issue .. i just logged in.. n used firefox desktop PC

Comment

..more than TCON i suspect bad panel stripe boards..

Comment

server working with out any issue .. i just logged in.. n used firefox desktop PC
                          yes working fine for me now im on laptop.

Comment

I really don't know how one can say this could be a software issue.. waste of time as usual..

Comment

Thanks Diah, Davi and Vincent. Sorry slow response, eventually got tar file. Funny thing is when I switched the TV on it had a perfect picture...until it started playing up again.

I beginning to think it's a poor connection somewhere? Can software be intermittent? Long story short, I wasnt able to get the TV to digest the tar file, mp pc said the tar file was there, but TV couldn't find it.

I've done a factory reset, will this "repair" the firmware?

The TV is on my workbench and if the fault comes up again I will check the print on the tcon as Davi suggested.

Comment

Pc says it's on the usb, TV says it isn't, but problem seems to solved for the meantime, thanks all
                                Attached Files

Comment

half buffer issue are caused when firmware cliche .. now it show correct because USB view in other resolution..
                                  the .tar file you have now should extract with 7zip to have the end format file

Comment

half buffer issue are caused when firmware cliche .. now it show correct because USB view in other resolution..
                                    the .tar file you have now should extract with 7zip to have the end format file
                                    Thanks Diah, I will try to extract bin from tar. Have been using my phone to work with and need to get my pc online to do this properly.

The TV freakishly ran for about 3 hrs last night and I was able to watch utube flawlessly then it flunked out again. I turned t upside down and back and that appeared to work for awhile, then flunks out. All kinds of twisting and contortion from there didn't help. It appear that when I was flipping through the menu that certain images woukd have a different effect on the screen( a few very bars to blank screen) so maybe like you suggest different resolutions would have different effect on the buffer.

I would really like to do the binfile rewrite but the repair is now 2 weeks on my bench. I've requested am order for a new main board and looks like I might just replace the board to satisfy my customer. Will let know final outcome. Thanks, Mike

Comment

Oh my god.. not even the ABC of the LCD screens here! The LCD screen outputs always at the same resolution, are the inputs on the main board that can vary and main board SoC scale them with scaler function..!! The fact you vary the good and the bad output simply disconnecting the LCD flats tells you clearly that the fault is in the screen (tcon comprised)..

Comment

Hi, Sorry for the discourse created. This particular symptom definitely seems to be a hardware problem as on switch on this morning it played perfectly until I wobbled the TV and the symptom appeared. (Video clip can be supplied) Wether it's the panel or the main board I can't say but I can't take the chance with the expense involved. The TV will be returned unrepaired unfortunately and put down as panel faulty/ uneconomical to repair. Thanks for all the input and hopefully differences can be put aside. Regards, Mike

Comment

Working...
                                        X