Flashing green light on Panasonic Viera TX-P42S30B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flashing green light on Panasonic Viera TX-P42S30B

Hi I have a Panasonic viera tx-p42s30b TV where the power light flashes green about 6 times. I turn it on and you hear 2 clicks, it flashes about 6-7 times then another click and then nothing! I have checked capacitors and they seem fine so I was wondering if any one knew the problem?
    Thanks in advance

Re: Flashing green light on Panasonic Viera TX-P42S30B

Does the light ever go solid green? Do you see any flickers from the screen? Any flashing red light?
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Hi tom66,
      It only goes solid green when I hold onto the power button on the remote once I hear the first click apart from that no. It just flashes then you hear a click and then nothing

Comment

Hi tom66,
        It only goes solid green when I hold onto the power button on the remote once I hear the first click apart from that no. It just flashes then you hear a click and then nothing

Comment

Can you provide pictures of the parts in the set?
          Most likely you are dealing with an A board fault.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

You mean with the back opened up?

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Hope this is enough detail for you in these pictures.
                Attached Files

Comment

I think these later models behave differently if they detect a short on the PSU on start up e.g. the Vsus line.

The U30 looks like it's similar to the S30, pages 25, 29-30

good luck
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi, Thanks for that I am not sure what the manual is on about with it saying disconnect SS11 and things like that as I am new to all this TV fixing business.

Comment

SS11 etc will be written next to the connectors on the circuit boards.

Comment

Cheers tom66 did the pictures help if you know whats up with it? Is it the A board like you first suspected?

Comment

Your symptoms are correlated with A board, just hoped I could see any obvious other faults.

Comment

Hi everyone.
                            I'm in the exactly the same boat with the same model.
                            OP did you get anywhere with yours?

I've searched around and found various manuals but not one will full flow charts for my model.
                            From the literature I've found I think the fault lies with the SN board but one document pointed me to the power board.

Anyone got a working one these as I've got a question regarding the relay clicks when tv is plugged into mains.

Comment

Working...
                            X