Bush LCD32TV016HD Red Flashing Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bush LCD32TV016HD Red Flashing Light

Hi folks, I have this 32 inch bush lcd tv and it powers on and shows picture fine and also has sound but after about 5 seconds it switches itself off follwoed by the standby light flashing red which is usually blue, Could someone please tell me where i should start to troubleshoot the problem, Thanks.. :-)

Re: Bush LCD32TV016HD Red Flashing Light

Check the caps on the power supply. Very common fault.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
      Check the caps on the power supply. Very common fault.

Thanks tom, This is actually the second time i've worked on this model, Last time i noticed some bulged caps on the power board then once i replaced them the set fired up straight away and has worked fine ever since, This one however shows no signs of bad caps, I tested all of them and replaced any showing less than 10% of the stated values then powered it up and still i get the red light after a few seconds, Might also be worth mentioning that a high pitched buzzing sound can be heard which seems to be coming from the power board and it changes tone in time to the flashing, There is 10 caps on the main board, could any of these be faulty or is it normally just power board caps which fail.??

Comment

Is there a flashing red light on the power board too, or does it stay solid? (Or maybe on this one there is no light.)
        Also, post some pictures of the boards. I have done 26", 32" and 37" of this, each once, and all had bad caps with varying symptoms, but I can't recall what the board looked like. I've found no other issues myself other than the crummy caps, so it makes for an easy fix.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Is there a flashing red light on the power board too, or does it stay solid? (Or maybe on this one there is no light.)
          Also, post some pictures of the boards. I have done 26", 32" and 37" of this, each once, and all had bad caps with varying symptoms, but I can't recall what the board looked like. I've found no other issues myself other than the crummy caps, so it makes for an easy fix.
          NO lights on the power board, Here's a few pics, Hope this helps,
          Attached Files

Comment

OK, check the various voltages on the power board. Verify they correspond to the rated voltages as labelled, try to get before and after fault.

Comment

OK, check the various voltages on the power board. Verify they correspond to the rated voltages as labelled, try to get before and after fault.
              All voltages seem to be normal during the first 5 seconds then once the red light starts to flash all voltages disappear apart from the 5vstb which is on ok..??

Comment

Is there a PS ON pin? If not, can you list the connections going to the main board?

Comment

Can't see a PS ON pin... Connections goin to main board from power board are 24v, gnd, gnd, gnd, gnd, 12v, 5v, 5vSTB, STB

Comment

STB's the pin. Check STB when it turns off.
                    If STB changes state (low-high or high-low) you know the main board is causing it.

In which case I would investigate the power buttons etc and check none are stuck down or intermittent/contaminated -- isolating the button board would be a simple test.

Comment

0.10v when tv is on standby with a blue light and 4.89v when i power it on then after a few seconds it red lights then the voltage goes back down to 0.1v and remains constant???

Comment

That means the main board is shutting off, for one reason or another. Recommend checking the buttons as mentioned above.

Comment

That means the main board is shutting off, for one reason or another. Recommend checking the buttons as mentioned above.
                          Romoved the pannel to get the buttons out and there is no signs of any corrosion or damage to the buttons, Left them still connected then powered on the tv up and pressen the power button to switch it on then quickly removed them, The tv stayed on for a few seconds like normal then shut off followed by the red light...

Comment

I'm guessing the main board has a fault then, likely corrupted eeprom.

Comment

I'm guessing the main board has a fault then, likely corrupted eeprom.
                              Is this repairable or do i just need to order a replacement?

Comment

You can check voltage regulators but most likely you will be looking at a replacement.
                                https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=22231

Comment

Think i mentioned before but there are 10 caps on the main board, are these worth testing??
                                  Attached Files

Comment

I would not expect those to cause this fault.

Comment

I would not expect those to cause this fault.
                                      Ok, Thanks for your help Tom, I've ordered the board so i'll update the thread once it arrives and i fit it, ;-)

Comment

Easky15 could you do me a favour? Any idea what the thread and length of the fixing bolts on the BUSH LCD32TV016HD are that secure the set to the pillars on the oval tabletop stand? I've taken my TV off a wall where it has been for a few years and I found the old stand but minus the bolts

Comment

Working...
                                        X