Vizio xvt553sv Freezes on splash screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vizio xvt553sv Freezes on splash screen

Picked up a Vizio xvt553sv yesterday, it freezes on the vizio logo on startup... After about 3 minutes it reboots it self and does the same thing. I assume this is a firmware issue, and of course vizio does not offer a firmware update for this tv. I know the problem is in the main board. Its gotta be fixable without replacing the whole main board, Im getting tired of Vizio's "firmware problems".

Re: Vizio xvt553sv Freezes on splash screen

Can you post a full close up photo of the main board?

Comment

Not the best picture, best I can do with the camera I have. Sorry its upside down/
      Attached Files

Comment

I'm working on the same TV right now with a main board problem but its probably not the same problem as yours.

Can you do me a favor and tell me what is the serial is on the chip near the hdmi ports that read "silicon image"? Thanks

Also, when you disconnect the power cable and plug it back in, does the vizio logo blink white and orange for a number of times?
        Last edited by Glitcher; 11-05-2013, 06:29 PM.

Comment

N2M674-00-1 serial.

The vizio symbol flashing is exactly what the tv is supposed to do, mine does the same. It is rebooting itself and checking for any issues, I contacted Vizio directly about that issue. Flashes for about 80-90 seconds.

Comment

What does it label above that? like it should be something like Sil...CTU or something

hmm, yeah mine blinks about 90 times before I can turn it on but then itll freeze

Comment

Sil9385ctu.

Comment

did you guys figure this one out? I'm having the same problem. Is there a fix or should I just go buy a mainboard?

Comment

Working on same TV so what was the outcome

Comment

Wow.. just posted with the same issue for an XVT473SV.. These XVT series TVs seem to have the most problems..
                    Craigslist Picks & Fixes

2 ea - Samsung 52"
                    Samsung 60"

Comment

Usually the freezing of the splash screen is an EPROM issue on the main board. At least that's the case with the ones I've had.
                      Doing this on the side to make some extra money for my daughters dance competition.

Comment

Can you buy a eeprom and just install it? I see the trade in service for the XVT553SV and the XVT473SV mainboards on ebay so i assume that the firmware is available somewhere.
                        Craigslist Picks & Fixes

2 ea - Samsung 52"
                        Samsung 60"

Comment

Working...
                        X