vizio p50 hdtv20a half screen pic if problem attached

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vizio p50 hdtv20a half screen pic if problem attached

hello, I have a Visio p50 HDTV20A and the bottom half of picture is yellow red with pink lines floating is my tv shot?? or can I replace a board of some sort?? any help would be amazing.
    Attached Files

Re: vizio p50 hdtv20a half screen pic if problem attached

I'm going with lower Y buffer board.

Comment

for certain??

Comment

Just saying, if it were mine, that's the board I would replace.
        Last edited by cliff_hootarski; 03-22-2013, 07:03 PM.

Comment

You should be able to test the buffers for shorts. This article deals with samsung but I would imagine the procedure is same. Pictures will help you get more assistance.

Comment

Sorry, forgot the link:

http://blog.coppelltvrepair.com/2010...er-boards.html

And here is a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51SZsfH60EY

Comment

I'm going to disagree. The picture doesn't go crazy at exactly half of the screen. Probably the upper buffer -- one lower IC failed -- meaning the chained signal is getting lost for the rest.
              Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
              For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Now that you mention it, I do see it's not exactly half the screen, and I would agree with your diagnosis.

Comment

i have the p50 hdtv20a. one of the buffer chips on the upper buffer board was noticeably burnt out, but i couldn't see anything wrong with the ysus board. i replaced the bad buffer chip, now the tv powers on, but only the top 1/4 of the picture comes on. ideas?

Comment

Could be other buffer chips bad. The signal between each is chained, so if one goes bad the signal can get lost.
                    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

There are 4 buffer chips per board, and 2 boards. since the top 1/4 of the screen shows picture, i'm guessing the top 2 are working, but something with the lower 2 aren't chaining the signal correctly? and since they aren't chaining, they also cause the lower buffer board to malfunction?

Comment

i replaced the 2nd buffer chip on the top board, the tv wouldn't show a picture at all previously, but now it does, but only the top 1/4 of the screen.

Comment

What I'm saying is it's possible that there are additional chips that are failed. In this case I'd look at replacing either the second or third chip, most likely third, from the top.

Comment

i replaced the second from the top, and that's when i got a picture at the top of the screen, but nothing else. i'm trying to check for shorts, i'm not finding any.

Comment

can't find any shorts, so i guess i can try just replacing that 3rd one and see what happens. any inicators for a bad y board?

Comment

Check if -Vsc and Vsch are OK. You may only be able to locate -Vsc.

Comment

Working...
                                X