Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: vizio vp50

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
    That is not right; is battery definitely the right way around?
    have positive (white) wire to resistor and (blue) wire to middle pin

Comment

is it possible that it's bad and acting as a pass thru thus creating a 16 volt reading on the power board thus meaning it's having a 16 volt input to the tl431? on the power board????????? kinda what it doing on this breadboard setup....with the 7.64 volt input...and it outputting same voltage..

i do have tl431 on a different power board i can desolder and retest should i commence?
      Last edited by heavymachines; 01-20-2013, 01:50 PM.

Comment

I suspect the part is faulty; this is causing your low voltage readings.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Please try with the other TL431 so we can check the testing method is right.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

here is a pic doing the test so you can observe
            Attached Files

Comment

Ah I realise I may be in error here. Just realised...
              Try moving the ref connection from 1-2 to 1-3.

Comment

i think so because i just tested two more both from different junk power supplies and same result...

Comment

Remove the 1-2 jumper and move it to 1-3.

Comment

Remove the 1-2 jumper and move it to 1-3.
                    okay with all three tl431 i get

pin 1-3 0.00volts

negative probe to pin 1 and positive probe to resistor i get 4.97 volts with 7.64 battery input voltage...

Comment

You want to do positive probe to resistor, negative probe to ground/battery negative.

Comment

You want to do positive probe to resistor, negative probe to ground/battery negative.
                        i did in above post

Comment

I don't understand the 4.97V. Do you have other resistor values?

Comment

I don't understand the 4.97V. Do you have other resistor values?
                            some bunch in junk boards what would you like me to use? pick random or specific 1 k i am using 1 k right now...

Comment

Random from 470 ohm to 2.2k ohm.

Comment

okay found resister brown-black-brown-gold-yellow measures 100ohms on dmm and voltage results are 6.74v input and 4.21v measurement at neg probe pin 1 and positive at resistor end

Comment

Either it's wired up wrong or the device isn't working, can you compare to the other devices, also what is the part # on it?

Comment

Either it's wired up wrong or the device isn't working, can you compare to the other devices, also what is the part # on it?
                                    ic #1
                                    utc
                                    TL431
                                    RMF

ic#2
                                    KA
                                    431AZ

ic#3
                                    HA
                                    405c

all shunt style

all get same now around 4.10 volts
                                    Attached Files

Comment

I'm suspicious of your meter battery. Can you make sure it's OK?

Comment

I'm suspicious of your meter battery. Can you make sure it's OK?
                                        sure thing will go next door and get new one just for good measure brb

Comment

okay got 2 new batteries measure 9.3 volts each now that same voltage is input for bread board now reads 6.65 volts

Comment

Working...
                                          X