Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Olevia 265FHD problems!

Thanks HAHOMETP.
    On my board both D1 and D2 are both Red.
    I measured the voltage at TP9: off = -000.0v and on = +000.1v go figure.

Also on my board D204 is a very dim green and LED D203 right next to it is bright red. so much so that you don't see the green on D204 unless your really looking. I do have the 4.2v on the brown wire at J60. I am sure that the Red LED D203 indicates a failure. Since it is right next to the D2AUDIO chip, and I am having audio problems. I'm 99 percent sure it is the D2 Audio chip/circuitry that as failed.

I also noticed on my board the LED 1D1 under the large black heat sink blinks when I have a picture.

Thanks and I hope this helps.
    LBN

Comment

Thanks HAHOMETP.
      On my board both D1 and D2 are both Red.
      I measured the voltage at TP9: off = -000.0v and on = +000.1v go figure.

Also on my board D204 is a very dim green and LED D203 right next to it is bright red. so much so that you don't see the green on D204 unless your really looking. I do have the 4.2v on the brown wire at J60. I am sure that the Red LED D203 indicates a failure. Since it is right next to the D2AUDIO chip. and that I am having audio problems I'm 99 percent sure it is the D2 Audio chip/circuitry that as failed.

I also noticed on my board the LED 1D1 under the large black heat sink blinks when I have a picture.

Thanks and I hope this helps.
      LBN

Comment

Thank you very much LBN!

Your D1, D2 and TP9 are exactly like mine and just like mine your White, Blue and Yellow wires on CN2 show no voltage when the TV is ON. I am running out of ideas. Could you possibly measure voltages if any on the mystery 4-pin all-white connector from the Inverter board to the T-Con board in the attached pictures?

The LED D203 in my TV is green and the LED D204 next to it is also bright green. Yours clearly indicates a malfunction. I would study the area very carefully for cold solder joints under a Magnavisor or a microscope if you have access to one before pronouncing the sound chip dead. I would also smear some flux on each and every solder joint in the vicinity and touch it up with a quality soldering pencil for a good measure.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by HAHOMETP; 06-15-2013, 07:51 PM.

Comment

LBN, Glad to see the pictures helped someone! I was just getting back to the project after months and noticed you brought this back to life so thank you for that! Now, I need to go back to diagnosing this thing and hopefully getting it to work! So any fresh ideas on what could be wrong with the TV? Seems like some of you were thinking that the inverter board is what I should be looking at now or what? Let me know. Thanks!

Comment

akk944, I am also in Philly. My Olivia probably has a bad main board and good inverter boards. Yours is exactly opposite. Would you like to combine our troubleshooting efforts? We could swap some boards around for diagnostic purposes.

Comment

PM sent! Thanks

Comment

Update! So I re-read over all the posts and saw that drpj23 said that it might be a bad transformer or CCFL? First of all there are so many! HAHOMETP how did you access them without taking off the trim? I can't get to the screws on the top and bottom covers on both sides. However, I took off the one in the middle and messed around with my multimeter a little. However, I can't figure out how to get the resistance on these transformers! All the caps look okay on them. Help would be appreciated!

Comment

akk944, you'll have to remove the rear metal panel. It's large and heavy and is held in place with like a million screws. I hope you have an electric screwdriver (not a drill!!!). Once you do this the 6 inverter boards and their transformers will become easily accessible.

I received your PM and will reply to it shortly. We can test your transformers no problem. We can also test your CCFLs with my home made neon light tester. Also we can swap in all of my 6 inverter boards into your TV in order to isolate the faulty one.

In return I myself am interested in trying your main PCB in my TV set to see if my theory is right and it will bring the set to life.

I'll send you my email shortly.
                  Last edited by HAHOMETP; 06-23-2013, 03:36 PM.

Comment

was wondering if you ever found a solution ,I'm having exact problem

Comment

Hello,
                      I sort of found something, then finally gave up! HAHOMETP met up and did some testing. We had it working when we swapped in one of the inverter boards into my TV. So, I went ahead and ordered it, but then the replacement didn't fix the problem. At that point, I was sick of it and didn't feel like dealing with another part (inverter was probably shot... or something else went wrong within that week). At any rate here are some pointers for you to try to see if it is the inverter (one of six!):
                      - Plug in an HDMI source or some way of getting sound into the TV. Turn on the TV and mess around with the inputs and see if you hear any sound. That's a positive sign if you do.
                      - When turning on the TV, look for a DIM blue oval shape in the center of the screen... it took us a while to notice this, but once we did, knew it was a back light issue.

Once you do that, you can pretty much conclude that it is the inverter board that is the issue. You can get all six for under a hundred bucks on ebay (I think). Let me know how it turns out... hope it helps!.

Comment

Originally posted by akk944 View Post
                        Hello,
                        I sort of found something, then finally gave up! HAHOMETP met up and did some testing. We had it working when we swapped in one of the inverter boards into my TV. So, I went ahead and ordered it, but then the replacement didn't fix the problem. At that point, I was sick of it and didn't feel like dealing with another part (inverter was probably shot... or something else went wrong within that week). At any rate here are some pointers for you to try to see if it is the inverter (one of six!):
                        - Plug in an HDMI source or some way of getting sound into the TV. Turn on the TV and mess around with the inputs and see if you hear any sound. That's a positive sign if you do.
                        - When turning on the TV, look for a DIM blue oval shape in the center of the screen... it took us a while to notice this, but once we did, knew it was a back light issue.

Once you do that, you can pretty much conclude that it is the inverter board that is the issue. You can get all six for under a hundred bucks on ebay (I think). Let me know how it turns out... hope it helps!.
                        I have an Olevia 265-T12/265FHD.
                        The sound works, the splash screen comes on as normal then goes black.
                        There is an extremely faint picture. From reading the posts it sounds like an inverter issue, except that my screen does come on then immediately goes off.
                        I bought the tv new on woot.com in 2008 for $2300.
                        I think the 265 in the model number is a reference to the weight of the TV.

Comment

I've been having same trouble with my olevia 265tfhd anyone come up with a result for backlight going out

Comment

Hey guys
                            Has anyone found a fix for screen going blank a few seconds after turn on. or has anyone come up with a schematic ? I have service manual, but its not much help

Comment

I'm currently having similar problems except it isn't my back lights. When switched on screen is stuck on Olevia logo circle.
                              I have red D1, red D2, and red D203.

Comment

Update. I unconnected, cleaned connectors. And taaa daa. The Tv works but I still have 2 red led on main with one blinking green.
                                Future failure.
                                This thing is thrashed. The guy didn't even give me the front glass of speakers.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X