Vizio M261VP no Backlight!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vizio M261VP no Backlight!

I have about 7 of theses m261vp's with bad backlights. I would be eager to hear if you find out anymore info. I do have one working version that I could take apart sometime this week and get any measurements if that would help.

Comment

Yes the measurements on the Regulator we have been discussing would be awesome! Thanks

Comment

I would disconnect that ribbon cable going to the LEDs and check output voltages again to see if the problem is beyond the main board.. I had short on an LED ribbon cable that was loading down the whole external power supply and TV was dead with the ribbon connected. In my case there was 2 LED circuits so I was able to disconnect one and the TV came on with half the LEDs.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up Kevin. I have done that already. My power is stopping at the 405 regulator stated earlier in the thread.

Comment

i have seen many of these units having backlight issues and in my experience a lot of them have been bad soldering on the connector right on the board with the led's on it...in order to repair u need to dismantle entire set down to getting led strip out...with it still taped to metal and resolder the actual connector pins back to the board( sometimes u can see that the connector is actually shifted off to one side) hope this helps

Comment

Hi

Since there are pictures on this already.. I will not post any... However, I have gotten my first one in and all it is doing is the white standyby light is blinking..

I have taken it apart and the external power supply is measuring the 19.2 volt

That Mosfet U8 also shows no output.. but 19.2 in... But there is no sound.. You cannot turn the set off or on... So is lack of output on U8 responsible for that???

Thank you all for your time and this invaluable thread..

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by XmouseX View Post
                Ok so I am working on a Vizio M261VP for my master bedroom. I found that it will power up, but there is no back light. I have checked all the fuses, looked for bad capacitors and tested the voltage regulators. I am so lost....This is the first LED TV I have worked on. Please someone give me direction, because I am out of Ideas.
                You will get all the information in Google so better make use of it

Comment

Originally posted by cmpeng View Post
                  I have about 7 of theses m261vp's with bad backlights. I would be eager to hear if you find out anymore info. I do have one working version that I could take apart peimar led lights sometime this week and get any measurements if that would help.
                  Have you got your answers

Comment

@KEITH, since you have 7 of these monitor, can you tell us the output voltage of the regulator that xmousex and I are trying to figure out what the output voltage it should be so we can find the replacement for it.
                    Never stop learning
                    Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                    http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Hi. I also have a Viziio M216VP, which in my case has a white blinking LED light. AC adapter measures 19V....any suggestions where to start my search?

Thanks..Joe

Comment

Hello, did you ever find out what the issue was with the vizio m261vp with the no backlight issue? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by jedi1205 View Post
                          Hello, did you ever find out what the issue was with the vizio m261vp with the no backlight issue? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
                          Did anyone find the solution to this problem.Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Keithalexander View Post
                            Have you got your answers
                            Yes, the post about the bad soldering on the led strips seems to be the culprit. I just check 3 of mine and they all had the bad connection. Wow, I never thought to check that. Thank you for your post popzoo42!

Comment

Originally posted by popzoo42 View Post
                              i have seen many of these units having backlight issues and in my experience a lot of them have been bad soldering on the connector right on the board with the led's on it...in order to repair u need to dismantle entire set down to getting led strip out...with it still taped to metal and resolder the actual connector pins back to the board( sometimes u can see that the connector is actually shifted off to one side) hope this helps

Thank you very much! > This fixed my issue I had with a M261VP.

When the TV is first plugged into an electrical outlet, then power button is pressed, the Power LED will blink 30 some times then power off.
                              When you press the power again, the Power LED will stay solid and you can hear static sound for few seconds with black screen.

"resolder the actual connector pins back to the board( sometimes u can see that the connector is actually shifted off to one side)"
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X