Trying to determine bad panel or t-con on Proscan TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to determine bad panel or t-con on Proscan TV

Heya! I've acquired a Proscan 42LED55SA tv that originally would turn off after about 2 minutes or less. Changing out the caps on the PCB solved that problem, but I was left with sound and a screen full of vertical red/green/grey-black lines (I've attached a picture attempting to show this, but still difficult to pic up with my camera!). I checked all the regulators on the t-con and the main board, and they all check out fine.

Since I saw lines on the screen, I decided to get another t-con supposedly out of a working set with a damaged screen, and I get 1/2 screen with a negative like image, and 1/2 screen full of grey and white banding. I've checked the ribbon connectors for proper seating with the picture staying the same each time.

The only "odd" thing I can find on any board is that one set of output voltages from my PCB to the Main is a 16VDC output putting out 17.2VDC (the 3.3, 5, and 24V outputs are all o.k.). Would this cause a problem, and how would I find the culprit on the board? If this wouldn't affect anything, could anyone offer a suggestion as to whether the problem is the t-con or panel (or something I've not thought of yet!!)? Thanks!!
    Attached Files

Re: Trying to determine bad panel or t-con on Proscan TV

What is the voltage going to the T-con? Some T-cons use that voltage directly to drive the screen, if it is too high, it can cause problems. Personally I would suspect the T-con as it is rare for the whole panel to fail at once. It is possible, but rare.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Thanks for the reply tom!

I have 11.82VDC at the fuse on the t-con, and 3.3V at the regulator. I had a hard time thinking it was the panel either, but with a supposedly new t-con, I figured it would clear up, unless it also was bad, or the wrong one for the tv (I got the same p/n, but some of the other board info was diffrent )

Comment

I saw a video on youtube where someone used cold spray/component cooler and sprayed it at the front edge of a lcd screen under the plastic bezel so it would get into the screen and if it corrected the lines in that area the screen was bad, I have never tried this and not sure about this method, but you may want to check into it or see if anyone has any advice about it.

Comment

Working...
        X