Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philips 52PFL5704D/F7 Sound and Backlight, No Video.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Philips 52PFL5704D/F7 Sound and Backlight, No Video.

TV has been working great for me now, not sure what caused the streaking issue.

Comment

ok update time. after doing the acetone soak the tv worked great for about two weeks. then out of nowhere it showed the same symptoms when i tried turning it on. took apart again soaked in acetone replaced and worked great, for about an hour then vertical lines everywhere and when turned off and back on no pic. seems like a weak solder joint somewhere that breaks when heated up. so would the tcon cause the vertical lines?

Comment

Mine did that too, been working fine since I took off the shield and thermal pads (take the thick gray pad and cut it down so it just barely covers the one small chip on the back of the tcon board, and slice it in about half thickness-wise) and zip tied a 120mm computer case fan to the tcon board area and plugged it into an empty spot on the power supply. Watch out for the tcon ribbons when you zip tie the fan down.

Comment

Be sure you clean it again though, alcohol will work too

Comment

Also, I believe the motion/scene blending problem on digital stations I described before was a firmware glitch when Noise Reduction is turned off, try turning it on and possibly off again to fix it, I just left it on.

Comment

Noise reduction on many sets I have found causes motion blurring, due to the filter used. I don't really recommend it unless an analog source you're using is extremely noisy, don't use it at all on digital sources (MPEG NR may help but not by much...)
              Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
              For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

It's not a blurring, I'll post a video of it when I get home, if I can get it to happen again. Pretty trippy effect.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgJnO8kigmo

Comment

Hi, I am trying to diagnose my T-con board. So far I have found that the fuse labeled XD is open. Is there a way to test other components or are there other components that commonly fail? Or should I replace the fuse first and then go from there?

The input voltage to IC201 is 0V when the TV is on. Would that be powered by the XD fuse, or does it's power come from a different source?

Comment

Originally posted by tibimakai View Post
                      Both
                      Hey whats up bro.... lol maybe you can help me threw skype. Lol

Comment

Heads up ..... cleaning the gook on the bottom of the t-con, fixed the problem. Thanks for the forum this place is great.

Comment

Hello all, Just received one of these TV's today, my old boss gave it to me to see if I could get it working, he said I could have it. it's a Philips 52PFL5704D/F7

Can anyone post a pic of what each part is when you remove the back panel? I hear everyone talking about different parts but don't know which is which.

Right now the tv's back light is on and I get sound but nothing else,

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ahardb0dy View Post
                            Hello all, Just received one of these TV's today, my old boss gave it to me to see if I could get it working, he said I could have it. it's a Philips 52PFL5704D/F7

Can anyone post a pic of what each part is when you remove the back panel? I hear everyone talking about different parts but don't know which is which.

Right now the tv's back light is on and I get sound but nothing else,

Thanks
                            The small board in the pics (t-con) is the problem child: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...&postcount=128

Large tan board on the left: Power supply
                            Large board with accessory inputs on the right: Main board
                            Long vertical boards on outer edges: Inverters

TV repair library: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25836
                            LG Plasma Mal-Discharge Correction Service

Comment

Thanks so the T-con board is the one in the center, right?
                              Last edited by ahardb0dy; 01-17-2015, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ahardb0dy View Post
                                Thanks so the T-con board is the one in the center, right?
                                Yes, it's the small board in the center near the top of the screen.
                                LG Plasma Mal-Discharge Correction Service

Comment

Thanks, going to take the rear panel off tomorrow and have a look.

Comment

Removed the rear panel, removed the T-con board, cleaned it, let it dry, re-installed it, nothing, pressed on the ribbon connectors on the top of the board and got something on the screen, lines, than one side was white the other was black, now nothing.

Comment

Just went out and plugged the power cord back in, TV came on half the screen bright white, the other half like grey and black horizontal lines, than one side was multi color vertical lines other side was white, when ever I touch the socket (s) where the ribbon cables plug in ( top of the T- con board) the screen changes colors but still no picture.

Question, I unplugged both connectors on the bottom of the T-con board and the screen stayed the same with the lines, what might that mean?

Comment

any tricks to make sure the ribbon cables are connected properly?

Comment

Today's update:

Determined I didn't have the ribbon connectors seated properly, the small tabs on each side I had above the socket, noticed they need to be in the socket, got the cables seated correctly and I now have a picture, well almost a full picture,

About 12" on the left side is still scrambled, can see the picture through the lines but not clear like the rest of the picture is.

Any idea on that? Going to try re-cleaning the ends of the ribbon cables with alcohol in a few than will try it again.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                          X