Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philips 52PFL5704D/F7 Sound and Backlight, No Video.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Philips 52PFL5704D/F7 Sound and Backlight, No Video.

Hi everyone new to the board. I am having the same problem with my Philips 52". TV was working perfect i turned it off and the next day when i turned it on no picture just sound. I called the repair man he ordered a part and it did not fix it so he said it had to be the TCON board but he can't find it. So i let the TV sit for about a week. I plugged it back in and it worked fine. I left it on for 2 days it worked perfect then i turned it off and now no picture just sound. I am so glad i found the forum so i can get a little help and to try to help others with this problem.

Comment

I have left it all afternoon yesterday running with the fan and it worked.
      Turned it on and off and it still worked.
      My next step is to install some heat sink to the T-con shield.
      Anybody knows if that heat transfer pad can deteriorate in time?
      Maybe just that has to be replaced?

Comment

I doubt it... I'll bet you've got a thermally intermittent cap or solder joint on the board somewhere. You could use your scope to check the power supply ripple on the rails. AC coupling, 20mV div, 100ms div, it should not exceed one division maybe two at most.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Most likely you are right about it. I will try it out when I have a little bit of time.
          Do you think since with a fan it's running can be a bad joint too?
          All these are on/from the power supply and not the T-con?

Comment

It's got to be something on the T-Con board. It is strange, the customer I bought mine from had intermittent picture too, and then finally it went out completely. I replaced the bad fuse (which I may have blown by accident with a slip, not sure) and it came back on for 2 days then went out again, and fuse was still good. A new T-Con board has been going good for weeks now. Maybe it is something close to the fuse that temporarily fixed it when heated up in that location...

Also when no picture, no voltage at that IC201 when 12v is present at the fuse, that has to be a clue for something...
            Attached Files

Comment

The good one, is running hot too?
              Those little electrolytic capacitors never need replacing? Since the board it's running so hot, these capacitors should dry out too, no?

Comment

It definetely is hot on that T-Con shield, I'm glad I put that back on when I noticed how warm the IC's were getting. But it doesn't seem consistent with mine at least or yours tibimakai that heat was causing the intermittent problem as I had the set off for days and it still didn't work.

Comment

Those Silicone thermal transfer pads are on the ICs to transfer the heat to the shield, they should have used thermal transfer epoxy to glue the good heat sink on top of the ICs instead to get good cooling, if you have Infrared thermal gun to check the temperature of the IC, it will good tools to have.
                  I did that on one of the T-CON board and got it to last for about a year before board died. The pictures were rolling after T-CON warm up.
                  http://s807.photobucket.com/albums/y...%20LTV-32W3HD/
                  Never stop learning
                  Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                  http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

I wonder if this has any relevance...
                    Attached Files

Comment

Kevin, check this out:
                      Attached Files

Comment

Here is what I have done. (now at work )
                        I have to test it out when I'm home.
                        I have used a bad Intel Atom motherboard CPU's heatsink:
                        Attached Files

Comment

Nice... Will the back cover fit though?? Your TV still running OK??

Comment

You can imagine how hot it gets if it leaves that kind of dark spot on a steel plate? I have ordered a Black and Decker IR temperature gage from Amazon and I will check the temperature when it arrives.
                            I have found on the two gray pads nylon protective layers which in my opinion shouldn't be there.
                            It should fit because there are other taller parts in the TV, the T-con sits much lower.
                            Even with this mod it's still runs very hot. I may end up putting another heatsink next to the other one.
                            Yesterday I have left it running with the heatsink and no fan at least six hours and it was still running. Turned it off and back on a couple times and it was still OK.

Comment

Be careful with IR temp sensors and metal plates; they read incorrectly due to the shiny-ness. Using a thermocouple would work better.
                              Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                              For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

You are right, that one I have already, but I was thinking of using it directly on the processor itself for a very short time.

Comment

Originally posted by tibimakai View Post
                                  You are right, that one I have already, but I was thinking of using it directly on the processor itself for a very short time.
                                  Black surface is OK it's just reflective surfaces which give errors.

Comment

I have 2 new tcon boards available if you guys need contact me ohmyemailstuff@gmail.com $130
                                    Last edited by Reg9897; 10-09-2012, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kevinm34232 View Post
                                      I found a T-Con board and it is working fine for a week now... I may wind up with an extra T-Con board aswell..
                                      How are you? i have same TV with same problem. I've been looking for a T-Conn board for months. I would really like to buy your extra T-conn board, if its still available? or if you could direct me to where you found yours? thanks,

Comment

So, I left the house yesterday and the girlfriend home watching TV, the same 52PFL5704D/F7. Came home after work to watch the tube, and all sound no picture. After turning off and on a few times, I asked her about it. She had watched TV for 6-8 hours then shut it off, went to another room and wanted to have it record in the previous room a few minutes later and when she turned the TV back on, no picture.

So, on to the net I go to find advice and troubleshoot. This forum and thread has convinced me that the TCon board had gotten very hot and something on the board went bad upon her attemptiung to turn the set back on after it had been on for 6-8 hours prior with only a short cool down period.

We are about to be moving tomorrow, so, I won't be able to properly take thinds apart on a bech right away, however I will be needing some guidance if anyone is interested.
                                        Or is there are still some boards out there, I would be interested in purchasing one

Thank You

Comment

I too am looking for a Tcon for this model...any advice ?
                                          Thanks, Alan

Comment

Working...
                                          X