Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philips 52PFL5704D/F7 Sound and Backlight, No Video.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Philips 52PFL5704D/F7 Sound and Backlight, No Video.

Mine doesn't show anything on the screen, just backlight.
    When it worked correctly for a couple of hours, first showed the Philips logo.
    So, with mine could be the mainboard?

Comment

Yours is doing the same as mine did, it was the T-Con board that would not display Philips logo or a picture and on screen menu, etc., not the main board.. Are you getting the 12v at the t-con fuse?

There has been a lot of T-con board issues posted online with this model and turns out to be a hard to find board..

Comment

I haven't tested yet anything, because yesterday I thought that I fixed it and then late in the night the screen went black again.
        I will measure it today and I will let you know.

Comment

I have 12V(11.96V) before and after both fuses.

Comment

Are you getting anything at IC201, you should have 3.3v on top pin and 2.5v on bottom. I think when I had the blank screen with old board, I wasn't getting those voltages but fuse was good.

Comment

I have forgot to measure those voltages. Tomorrow.
              I have measured yesterday and today again, just to be sure and something it's weird with the PS_ON.
              When it's off it measures 3.4V and when it's on it measures only, 0.0042V.
              What's up with that?
              The stand by voltage is 3.4V on this TV?
              3.4VSB is the standby? What is 12VSSB?

Picture made with my phone.
              Attached Files

Comment

Looks like active low PS-ON, that is fine. Some PSUs, especially Samsung, are like that.

12VSSB is for 12V for Small Signal Board, i.e. main board.

Perhaps it failed due to the fuse being underrated?
                Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

My fuses are OK. That's what is weird.
                  So basically when I got it it showed as right now only backlight.
                  I have opened it and noticed that both panel ribbons were not in there correct position. I have reinstalled them correctly and the TV run beautifully for hours.
                  Then I turned it off to insert the USB stick with the updated firmware and the video signal it was gone, only audio it was on.
                  How come it run perfectly and then when I turned it off and then on the video it was gone? Maybe then something went bad?
                  I have tried heating the board, nothing happened.

Comment

Maybe updated firmware broke it?
                    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I was thinking about that too, but it didn't have enough time to run through the firmware, it didn't have any image when I have turned it on.
                      When it fully turned on I could hear the movie that it was running previously, so it wasn't doing the update.
                      Do you think that I should stick the USB stick again and let it run for a while?

Comment

You have a scope, so post a picture of the LVDS connector on the T-con side and I'll show you where to probe to see if you are getting any differential TX signals for the high speed video (here is where 100 MHz is necessary), that way, you can either eliminate the main board or t-con.

Comment

Here is shopjimmy's picture.
                          Kevin, I have just remembered that I have checked the IC201 voltages yesterday and they were all 0V.
                          Attached Files

Comment

OK which end does video come in? That looks like a dual link (two video streams) T-con.

Comment

Both cables are hooked up to the main board. Not sure what are you asking. The right one goes to the main IC on the main board and the left one goes to a bunch of SMD components.

Comment

Which end does the main board connect to on the T-con. I'm not sure which end drives the LCD and which end receives the video from the main board.

Comment

Here is shopjimmy's picture:
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Tom, I haven't given up on that Sharp TV, I will send you that picture with the scope.
                                    Now this Philips TV takes the whole space on my workbench and I can't work on that one.
                                    How nice it would be if we could help each other through Skype.

Comment

Sorry I'm lost. Which side of the T-con is connected to the main board.... I don't have the time for skype sorry, I am only doing this in my work breaks.

Comment

Both

Comment

TOP or BOTTOM? I need to know where the video comes in from the main board to tell you where to probe...!

Comment

Working...
                                          X