Toshiba 42rv530u picture problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Toshiba 42rv530u picture problem

Possibley a bad driver IC on the panel? Ideas?

Comment

You should try twisting the TV's frame, see if it's not a bad tab. On my Vizio I have the same dark spot and by twisting the whole frame came back to normal, nice picture, bright screen.

Comment

some service menus have mirror image as an option - see if yours has.

if it has perhaps select it then unselect it and see if that fixes it.
        Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Originally posted by selldoor View Post
          some service menus have mirror image as an option - see if yours has.

if it has perhaps select it then unselect it and see if that fixes it.
          Only does it after fifteen minutes it's on. It's fine when I first turn it on. I just hope the LCD is not going south.

Comment

Originally posted by tibimakai View Post
            You should try twisting the TV's frame, see if it's not a bad tab. On my Vizio I have the same dark spot and by twisting the whole frame came back to normal, nice picture, bright screen.
            The twisting tip had no affect, Thanks though.

Comment

Is it very common for the lcd driver IC's to go bad?

Comment

Tv sat all night unplugged. Plugged in and turned on. Perfect video for twenty minutes then started the inverted image again. Any ideas?
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by kueberco View Post
                  Tv sat all night unplugged. Plugged in and turned on. Perfect video for twenty minutes then started the inverted image again. Any ideas?
                  Try applying a small amount of pressure to the main processors on the main board, and if accessible, the T-con. If the problem appears, it is a BGA problem. If this fails, try using a hairdryer to heat up parts of the TV.
                  Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                  For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                    Try applying a small amount of pressure to the main processors on the main board, and if accessible, the T-con. If the problem appears, it is a BGA problem. If this fails, try using a hairdryer to heat up parts of the TV.
                    What exactly is BGA? I've also put pressure on the Ic's on the mainboard and changed to another Tcon -no change. Thanks t0m66

Comment

What exactly is BGA? I've also put pressure on the Ic's on the mainboard and changed to another Tcon -no change. Thanks t0m66
                      Ball grid array. A type of package for a processor with many pins (typically >300.)

I would then think heating up the main board might help. Otherwise, I'm completely stuck!
                      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Ball grid array. A type of package for a processor with many pins (typically >300.)

I would then think heating up the main board might help. Otherwise, I'm completely stuck!
                        I'll try the heat gun test again this evening. I'll check for the IC. Thanks

Comment

Found to be a bad tab and driver ic on the right side. Has anyone found a good source to repair LCD panels? Or is it considered scrap? Thanks.

Comment

Found to be a bad tab and driver ic on the right side. Has anyone found a good source to repair LCD panels? Or is it considered scrap? Thanks.
                            If it's a driver IC, it's essentially impossible to fix it.

But a bad tab bond may be fixable. See here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zW998RTAq-0.

Comment

If it's a driver IC, it's essentially impossible to fix it.

But a bad tab bond may be fixable. See here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zW998RTAq-0.
                              If I press on the small IC's on the tabs my problem goes away. Not having much luck finding a replacement under 2-3 hundred bucks. Guess its time to part it out. Lost on this one

Comment

If I press on the small IC's on the tabs my problem goes away. Not having much luck finding a replacement under 2-3 hundred bucks. Guess its time to part it out. Lost on this one
                                You can try taking a bumper or spacer and pressing it inside the frame to fix it. This has a ~90% success rate with Sony LCD panels with this problem.

Comment

Update- I purchased a used panel from a polaroid 42 inch and dissected the tft lcd out of it. I had to make a few modifications but it worked flawlessly until i went to put the top metal retainer on that covers the tft panel boards. Being a slightly different configuration, The little foam pads sit in fifferent location on the boards. Of course they had to be conductive and shorted the op-amp ic's on each side. power was shut down immediatley. NO ONE in the USA sells the 2 chips I need, So I found a supplier in china and ordered them. They should arrive in 15 days. I will keep you posted on the progress. Not giving up yet!

Comment

Working...
                                  X