Help meeeee. Advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help meeeee. Advice needed

Hi, I have a great tv from alba with the lovely power board by vessel,tv went dead when son plugged a scart lead in nothing at all. Replaced some resistors and a few caps just on case and also q813 q814 checked diodes and they are ok but now all the tv does is light(led) comes on and the n after ten seconds it flashes in no pattern. Had a quick check for vault readings at the rail to the main board most pins read 0 and I have one at 6.6.. what route to go down if any help can be given or should I just buy a newsgroup vessel.. also if you look at one of the cables going to the main board it has a half circle piece of metal does this need to be a whole circle or is it fine like this and also what is it..?
    Attached Files

Re: Help meeeee. Advice needed

This is the 3rd new thread you have started for the same TV problem. Keep everything in one thread so people who are kind enough to try and help see all the relevant info in the same thread. Otherwise, people will hit next thread or close window.
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Sorry, had post saying that I had posted in the wrong section before

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrite_bead

http://www.frys.com/search?search_ty...=ferrite&cat=0

Yes needs to a whole circle.

Comment

Thanks for the reply - would this cause any faults that I am seeing - just checked the vaults from psu to main board only getting 3.3 on two pins and one which is fluctuating - do i have to do the resistor to stby to enable bootup to then see if vaults are recorded at the pin outs - thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by Neotheone View Post
            Thanks for the reply - would this cause any faults that I am seeing - just checked the vaults from psu to main board only getting 3.3 on two pins and one which is fluctuating - do i have to do the resistor to stby to enable bootup to then see if vaults are recorded at the pin outs - thanks in advance
            This broken toroidal core will not be the cause of your problems. It is just a filter to block/prevent high frequency noise. Chances are, you will see no effect from this being broken.

Comment

Hi,

In order to give you the best help we need to know as much detail as possible. This will allow people to understand exactly what's going on and help give you advice on what to possibly try.

The pictures you have taken don't really allow us to clearly see what's going on. Do you have a better camera?

When you say you replaced a few resistors and capacitors. Which capacitors did you use as replacements? can you tell us what you replaced aswell. (You may have got the wrong series which would cause issues).

What resistors did you replace? and why? were they blown? did they they not measure correctly?

The 2 pins that are giving you a reading of 3.3v to your logic board are they the +5v pins?
              Fixed so far : 1 Home cinema system, 16 LCD Monitors, 4 LCD TV's

How to resize your pictures guide click HERE
              Retiredcaps Ideal post example click HERE

Comment

Hi again, just replaced the psu with another bought from ebay (working) but still have a solid light for about 5 - 10 secs and then it flashes -I think psu is working fine now but how to check - can i make the psu fully boot to check vaults at the pins ? to confirm the power board is ok? and also what fuses are on the main board - power only went off when my son put the scart lead in - thinking he shorted it then on the main board -- the resistors that blew where at location r829 r830 burnt / black mark/hole on them and they where on the power board thinking they maybe a fuse resistor?

will take more pics in the morning thanks again
                Attached Files

Comment

If all of those components went pop then ilm sure that there must have been something else damaged that you might not have been able to see.

As for the fuses I can see one of them where you have the word POP and a little star on your picture.

To check the power of the new power supply you need to check the pins that would normally go to the mainboard. Each pin will have its own value +5v +12V etc the first ones you need to check are the +5v ones to see if there is power to your mainboard.

Comment

Thanks for the help so far, I have put the replacement board in and power on - led solid for 10 secs and the flashes in steady flash. checked the pins going from psu to main board and found that at 5vstby I get a reading fluctuating from 0.4 - 5.1v and 3.3vstby gives 3.3 - 3.4v and 3.3sti gives 3.3v the +5v gives 2.2 to 6.5v. the psu is giving a hmmm noise on and off constant - looked at the main board and no obvious signs of faults and tested all fuses s/mounted and they seen good???

Comment

Hmmmm are you testing these pins with the main board connected for disconnected? If you trying it with it connected then try it disconnected to see if that's any different.

Comment

hi, the main board is disconnected - do get a steady 5v on 5vstby then it moves - not sure if it is the way I am taking the reading with the multimeter but I have checked the jumper connections feeding this section and the results are the same two at 3.3v and two that fluctuate from 2 - 5v? do you think there could still be a fault on the psu? also do you not have to connected the stby together with a resistor to enable a power boot to check all vaults on the psu? or is that only when you have a steady 5v on the supply? thanks again!

Comment

It sounds to me like the new power supply is not right. You should get a steady 5v from the power supply to the mainboard the mainboard then sends the on signal back to the power supply. Where did you buy the new power supply from?

Am I reight in thinking you are trying this with noting at all connected to the PSU except for the mains cable?

Comment

Right bought this power supply from ebay (working from set with damaged screen) but when i put it in it had now power?? (stupid arse see in a min) so moved parts from this board and replaced caps/resistors and other parts until I obtained power with blinking light saga / then it dawned on me that the board i bought was for my tv but had a extra power plug that needed jumping hence put all the parts back and still get the same problem blinking led - I am going to test the main filter cap for vaults reading and check the standby caps for vaults also and reading on I can also check the power switch chip for startup vaults 2,3,4 and 5 .. sorry to give you a headache ..

Comment

Put a 6V 500mA lamp on the output of the STBY 5VDC, it should light up steadily.
                              Never stop learning
                              Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                              http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

and sorry yes just mains power in ..

Comment

Will try the bulb test - but got work @ 5am so will do when I get in and report back - cheers for the assistance..

Comment

Back again - right testing some bit before and well I am stumped but you clever people may know some tricks (I hope ) - right tested some bits on the psu to check vaults - big filter cap c819 tested and 325v going across - two red caps tested and good vaults also, stby boot area caps tested and of the three 3v to 0v only showing ???? ic806 chip that feeds the stby boot area (i think) pin 2 8 - 11v up and down, pin 3 0v, pin 4 0 - 1v, pin5 323v, pin 6 & 7 22 - 40v up and down and 8 22 - 54v up and down again......?
                                    Attached Files
                                    Last edited by Neotheone; 03-22-2012, 01:44 PM. Reason: some photos

Comment

trace from F800, to where you loose the power to ground. how much AC is hitting the rectifier(D800) and how much DC is coming out? What are the pins you mentioned supposed to be giving, helps if you post what should be there and what you are getting

Comment

Have I missed something or how are we supposed to know where IC806
                                        is - 323v seems high ? - Is it on the back of the power board - can we have a decent picture of the board back?

I see more pics have appeared BUT they really need to look like this
                                        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...1&d=1290283049
                                        Last edited by selldoor; 03-22-2012, 02:14 PM.
                                        Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
                                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Working...
                                        X