Polaroid TLX-04244B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polaroid TLX-04244B

hi there i have this polaroid 42" TLX-04244B flat screen it turns on for a split sec and then goes black i hear a buzzing sound for a couple secs right before the screen goes black the power light stays blue so its gettin power, and if i hold a light up to it I can see picture, what is the problem plz help me fix this so i can have a tv again thanks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 2011srg; 11-25-2011, 11:50 PM.

Re: Polaroid TLX-04244B

Can you post some high resolution pictures of the inverter slave and inverter master boards? Specifically around the connectors to the bulbs.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Yes, please give me a few, I'm having problems with my camera

Comment

Here are the close ups
        Attached Files

Comment

Okay, do you have a multimeter?
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Yes I Do

Comment

Okay, set your meter to 20k ohms, and measure the resistance between the pins in each of the red circles. We are trying to identify a faulty transformer. Note: You must do this while the TV is off or you could damage your multimeter.

Also, is there only one lamp connector? Are there any other inverters? I also find it strange that both terminals of the connector are connected to the same trace...
              Attached Files

Comment

Just to make sure i do this right i ground the black one and use the red one right? If so they all give me 0.04 but the one on the end of the board the left solder point does nothing .

Comment

Originally posted by 2011srg View Post
                  Just to make sure i do this right i ground the black one and use the red one right? If so they all give me 0.04 but the one on the end of the board the left solder point does nothing .
                  No, you should place one probe on one pin and one probe on another. It does not matter which way around. 0.04 is very low.

Comment

Ok so the one on the left does nothing and the one on the right jumps from 1.32 to 0.04. I understand that the t.v has to be off but does it make a difference if its plugged in?

Comment

Ok so the one on the left does nothing and the one on the right jumps from 1.32 to 0.04. I understand that the t.v has to be off but does it make a difference if its plugged in?
                      Yes it does make a difference if it is plugged in. The inverter outputs about 3,500V for a TV of this size and will fry your multimeter. It MUST be unplugged/off to do the measurement. I prefer to cut the power at the mains just in case it tries to turn on.

Comment

And yes it has 2 inverters the Master and Slave, if this is your question above. Sorry for all the Questions this is the first time i've done something like this

Comment

Ok it was unplugged when I did the test.

Comment

Can you repeat the test for the other inverter?

The results so far are inconclusive. The transformer that doesn't read anything might be faulty but I couldn't be certain

Don't worry about asking too many questions - only one way to learn!

Comment

I repeated the test on both of them and got the same thing for both the one on the left give me nothing but right ones jump up and down from 0.00-19.00 now

Comment

I repeated the test on both of them and got the same thing for both the one on the left give me nothing but right ones jump up and down from 0.00-19.00 now
                                What range did you set your meter on? Can you post a picture of it in that setting?

Comment

Here you Go
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Okay, so I'm stumped, that's the right setting, but I'd expect results of "6000" or something for typical inverter transformers. Try again on the 200k range, but that would be very high for those types of transformers.

Another test. While the TV is off, disconnect the slave inverter bulb connector. Turn on the TV. Do you hear the buzzing noise and does the screen light up? Try it with the master board (reconnect the slave). Does the same thing happen? The board that does not produce the effect is probably the bad one.

Comment

Ok so I did another test and the left ones still nothing and now with using the 200k the right ones jump from 173.3 to 0.01.

I also tried disconnecting the slave and turning on the t.v no light and no buzzing and did the same with the other one and the same thing they both have to be plugged in for the light to come on.

Comment

The frist pic is on 200 and the second one on 20K. Just making sure this what you are wanting me to do, because i feel like i'm doing something wrong.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                        X