Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lg 42" plasma model p2pc3d-ud

Originally posted by Clydeuk View Post
    .... I've identified the device type and am trying to find a very cheap way of programming it, ... Looks like I may have to remove the chip to program it though, not sure, and it might have some protection code that prevents access. I must be mad.....someone save me
    I'm about to lift off a 29lv320 and flash it directly in a standalone programmer - is this going to work? (42X3 chassis with 15000 hours on it)

Comment

Originally posted by gordontwist View Post
      I'm about to lift off a 29lv320 and flash it directly in a standalone programmer - is this going to work? (42X3 chassis with 15000 hours on it)
      Hi, did you try this? Did it work?

Very interested to find out, I still have my 42V7 with this problem. Also now have a 50X3 with IPM failure on the YSUS, was thinking of getting one and recapping it but wondering if I'll get the same problem, where I used to work we got a lot of these panels with maldischarge and they replaced the entire assembly as they were under warranty, also because the service module was more reliable and used discrete circuitry rather than IPM's

Interested to see if this can be fixed, and also if anyone has a YPPD-J015C IPM going cheap.

Comment

I have a 42PC3D-UD with what started out as a blown Y-sus, and 4 blown 10v caps on the power board.

I replaced the caps, and replaced the IPM in the Y-sus.

I got the set to turn on for about 5 minutes, it had a buzzing sound, which steadily grew louder. I turned the TV off, unplugged the Z-board.

When I turned it on for the second time it was only a minute or so before a loud CRACK five seconds later another loud crack... I believe the new IPM was destroyed. What a shame.

But what caused it? I still haven't figured that out. :?: I used thermal paste instead of silicon, but I doubt that had anything to do with it.

If anyone reading this has a dead Y-sus board for 42PC3D-UD. I'd be interested in buying it.

I'm going to try again, replacing an IPM on a dead one. (bought two new modules in case the Z-sus needed one). And I'm not going to risk it in the same problematic Y board.

Compatible Y-sustain boards include:

6871QYH053b
        6871QYH053a
        6871QYH105b
        6871QYH056b

Or any other board with the same form factor will have PART NO: 6870QYH005B printed on the board.

Please reply if you have one, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by muskin View Post
          I tried to program the board with the capacitor still missing, it seemed to program it. I got the 3 light with the 4 AAA batteries connected to it. [5.16V]
          Only thing unusual was model of the board is two models.

Below is the version of the board

Model version 42V8&X3

New version 42X3_3DCS4 I installed this one..wonder if this is ok? Did not show an error, but wonder if I should have tried to load a 42V8 file?
          42V8_4CS01 I can try this one later.

I will not know if this worked until I get the capacitor installed.
          Any comments will be welcomed.

Barry
          You can get a cap at radio shack 22uf @25 volt,,,,a dollar maybe

Comment

Hi ,
            Can anyone point me to the SERVICE manual for this Plasma Tv,Free would be nice ,but I'll pay for a good one,
            Thanks
            NS

Comment

Originally posted by Clydeuk View Post
              Hi, did you try this? Did it work?

Very interested to find out, I still have my 42V7 with this problem. Also now have a 50X3 with IPM failure on the YSUS, was thinking of getting one and recapping it but wondering if I'll get the same problem, where I used to work we got a lot of these panels with maldischarge and they replaced the entire assembly as they were under warranty, also because the service module was more reliable and used discrete circuitry rather than IPM's

Interested to see if this can be fixed, and also if anyone has a YPPD-J015C IPM going cheap.
              Put simply, yes it works.

I've done a few now, and aside from very poor PCB quality, the flash chip and be removed, flashed standalone, and refitted - it it does (largly) resolve the maldischarge problem on X3's.

I've had less success with V7's...

Gordon

Comment

Where did you find the files to flash the chip with and what kind of programmer did you use?

Comment

I was looking at buying one of these from eBay. Does anyone have experience with them? Does it appear that the connectors included would facilitate firmware updates without removing the chip from the board?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/370704431820...84.m1423.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/370704431820...820%26_rdc%3D1
                  LG Plasma Mal-Discharge Correction Service

Comment

I went ahead and purchased the LG jig. It's on backorder and has to be built by LG - takes around 2 to 4 weeks. If this all works out, I may offer a service.

Comment

I would still like to know where you get the files to upgrade the chip with. Capkid, did you order your jig from MCM? Keep us updated. I've heard mixed reviews on firmware upgrades solving the sparklies problem, but I have one I would like to try and fix.

Comment

Originally posted by ghiotom View Post
                        I would still like to know where you get the files to upgrade the chip with. Capkid, did you order your jig from MCM? Keep us updated. I've heard mixed reviews on firmware upgrades solving the sparklies problem, but I have one I would like to try and fix.
                        I haven't gone so far as to locate the firmware; I figure I'll hunt it down somewhere. I ordered the jig here: http://www.appliancepartspros.com/lg...ap5592589.html

I just got an update on my order yesterday: The jig should arrive at the vendor around Dec. 14th. Also, I just subscribed to this thread, and I'll try to keep everyone posted.

Comment

hello can someone help me my problem is, i am going to reprogram the central control board in my lg 42pc1d plasma central control board model 42v8&x3 which connection should i use to reprogram this board.it has a 4 a12 and a15 pin connector on panel,i will be using the rad jig.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyb View Post
                            hello can someone help me my problem is, i am going to reprogram the central control board in my lg 42pc1d plasma central control board model 42v8&x3 which connection should i use to reprogram this board.it has a 4 a12 and a15 pin connector on panel,i will be using the rad jig.
                            According to a service manual I saw, it's the 15-pin connector on the control board.

Comment

Originally posted by capkid View Post
                              I haven't gone so far as to locate the firmware; I figure I'll hunt it down somewhere. I ordered the jig here: http://www.appliancepartspros.com/lg...ap5592589.html

I just got an update on my order yesterday: The jig should arrive at the vendor around Dec. 14th. Also, I just subscribed to this thread, and I'll try to keep everyone posted.
                              Hello have you received the RAD31752601 programing JIG yet, i ordered mine from mcm electronics, the JIG did not come with any Drivers to enable me to connect and use with my computer,and it did not come with the firmware to enable me to reprogram the central control boards, any how if you have received your JIG, has yours come with any of the above,I do now have the above,and can direct to them if they are needed, mike

Comment

Here's a pic of the infamous LG jig kit that arrived today.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by capkid View Post
                                  Here's a pic of the infamous LG jig kit that arrived today.
                                  Can you let me know if it works? I have a 42PC3D that is having red sparkle issues.

Comment

I thought I had a successful outcome after adjusting the voltages then flashing the control board, but I'm seeing sparkles again. I need to investigate further.

Edit: Ok, it seems to be stable now after I readjusted the VS voltage back down to 186 from 186.9, but I'm not sure I trust it to stay there.

Here's where I started yesterday on my Toshiba 42HP66 and the adjustments I made. According to the manual, the adjustments must be made using a full white screen (raster). On the Toshiba, I chose Menu --> Setup --> White:

Power supply: Starting voltage was 187.1V - adjusted to 186V, Va voltage was fine at 60V
                                    Vy on YSus: Starting voltage was about -180V - adjusted to -199.9V
                                    V Setup using oscilloscope: Adjusted to approx 149V
                                    V Set-Down using oscilloscope: No adjustment needed
                                    ZBias on ZSus: Starting voltage was 99.6 - adjusted to 99.9V

I then flashed the control board - see before and after pics.
                                    Attached Files
                                    Last edited by capkid; 12-23-2012, 02:48 PM.

Comment

To add: I'm still playing with a Zenith TV with a 42V7 panel, but I'm not sure it's going to work out.
                                      Last edited by capkid; 12-23-2012, 05:05 PM.

Comment

You can drop Vs to the point where you just begin to lose the image. This is the minimally stable point of the plasma display. Increasing it slightly beyond there might work. Typically a plasma display will emit light between 170V and 210V. Keep it below 195V for an LG PDP because of the IPMs.
                                        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                                        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                                          You can drop Vs to the point where you just begin to lose the image. This is the minimally stable point of the plasma display. Increasing it slightly beyond there might work. Typically a plasma display will emit light between 170V and 210V. Keep it below 195V for an LG PDP because of the IPMs.
                                          Thanks for the tip. I'm not seeing sparkles when "No Signal" is displayed, but I do see them when a picture comes up.
                                          Last edited by capkid; 12-23-2012, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X