X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mitsubishi HS-E82 VCR Bad Picture

Good morning everyone.
    This time I have a Mitsubishi HS-E82.
    It was a bargain that I found with original remote included.
    The problem reported by the owner is that it was working but no output video.
    I took it appart and immediately saw that three 470uf capacitors were leaking on the signal board and one in the Hi-Fi board the same value too. I have located them in the pictures in red marker.
    I replaced them, cleaned all the liquid remains and the video output got working again.
    I saw too that were three surface mounted capacitors, two near the 470uf and one in a vertical board. I replaced them too, they were leaking too.
    I replaced one surface mounted capacitor in the drum motor pcb, it was leaking too.
    Now, resuming.
    I have video output, vcr menu and tv channels with good picture, if I attach RCA cables to audio input AUX, and a bluetooth receiver I have good Stereo Sound, but no stereo in tv channels nor tape playback. I have the problem you can see in the video that I´ve attached.
    I cleaned the upper drum heads, with printer paper and IPA, like I do to my other VCR´s, no luck.
    Is this bad worn heads symptoms? Or I need to investigate deeper in the pcb´s for more bad caps?

Thank You!

Hugo.

Video link
    https://vimeo.com/886789022
    Attached Files
    Last edited by hugocarmo; 11-21-2023, 04:34 AM.

Re: Mitsubishi HS-E82 VCR Bad Picture

Make sure the tape guides are loading fully to there stops, if they are I suspect the guide posts have become loose or are out of adjustment.
    when you play a tape do you get linier audio?
    A bad or plugged head would give a poor picture over the whole screen
    Last edited by R_J; 11-21-2023, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
      Make sure the tape guides are loading fully to there stops, if they are I suspect the guide posts have become loose or are out of adjustment.
      Thank You for your answer.
      I looked at the timing marks before I look for bad belt, I have the service manual and all were in sync. The tape loads tight to the head drum...
      I thougt that too before...

Thank You.

Comment

Originally posted by hugocarmo View Post
        I looked at the timing marks before I look for bad belt, I have the service manual and all were in sync. The tape loads tight to the head drum...
        I thougt that too before...

Thank You.
        If the guides are loading into there V stops, then I suspect the guide posts are loose, It's been years since I worked on these models but I remember some mechanisms where the lower part of the guide would become loose from the slide plate, on others the lock screw would come loose and the guide would turn, Check if the guides are tight or not.
        You are getting linier audio and the speed is ok so the tape is tracking the ace head properly so the tape exit guide is likely ok. I suspect the tape input guide is out of adjustment or loose

Also check that the back tension band is ok and that the back tension arm is not too tight or too loose against the tape.
        Last edited by R_J; 11-21-2023, 11:38 AM.

Comment

If the guides are loading into there V stops, then I suspect the guide posts are loose, It's been years since I worked on these models but I remember some mechanisms where the lower part of the guide would become loose from the slide plate, on others the lock screw would come loose and the guide would turn, Check if the guides are tight or not.
          You are getting linier audio and the speed is ok so the tape is tracking the ace head properly so the tape exit guide is likely ok. I suspect the tape input guide is out of adjustment or loose

Also check that the back tension band is ok and that the back tension arm is not too tight or too loose against the tape.
          Thank You again R_J.
          I have a JVC where that happened, the lower parts of the guide simply came off, in this case, I checked right now and the guides are all tight.
          I have linear audio, but the image looks a bit out of sync with the sound.

Thank You.

Comment

About the only thing that can cause this picture is a tape path problem.

Comment

About the only thing that can cause this picture is a tape path problem.
              And can´t it be worn heads?

Thank You.

Comment

one head scans the tape and produces one field of the picture from the top of the screen to the bottom, worn heads would not produce the picture in your video.

Comment

I managed to find the problem.
                  It was the tape left tape guide, the screw is very loose and it turned with the tape, managed to tune it and fixed it with thread-lock fluid!
                  It was more simple than I thougt!

Thank You!

Comment

Working...
                  X