Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick question about the ribbon

Hey,

So I have horizontal lines on my TV and I'm trying to trouble shoot. My question about the ribbon is:

When I disconnect one ribbon from the t-con I should get half picture working and other half black or something like that correct? But when I disconnect the ribbon on one side I just get a dark screen and it doesn't matter what side I disconnect. I just get the dark screen. No half working, no one half black and the other one left. Sound is playing from the TV so it's obviously on and when both sides are connected I have the picture with the horizontal lines so what does this tell me?

What is the problem here? Is It the ribbon itself?

Re: Quick question about the ribbon

You can clean and re seat ribbon cables to see if anything changes.

I would also suggest to check the important voltages on the T-con board. The voltage regulators usually ICs go bad. Good luck with your repairs.

Comment

Report the full model number on the back cover.

Comment

Have a read, start with simple things first because sometimes it is simple, do the resets suggested, no joy, move on to factory reset, firmware update etc: https://www.technewstoday.com/horizo...-on-tv-screen/

Comment

Here's a simple video of the "cut-off" method, it might not work but it can work even tho there is no half picture with one side unhooked, many more examples on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/-MftCkVto5A

Comment

Originally posted by ikmpch View Post
            You can clean and re seat ribbon cables to see if anything changes.

I would also suggest to check the important voltages on the T-con board. The voltage regulators usually ICs go bad. Good luck with your repairs.
            I've done the cleaning and reseating with no luck.

I don't have a multimeter, haven't bought one yet so I will check the voltages once I get one. How do I know if it's something like that or the panel?

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
              Report the full model number on the back cover.
              The TV model is Samsung QE50Q67TAU

Model code: QE50Q67TAUXXC

Comment

Have a read, start with simple things first because sometimes it is simple, do the resets suggested, no joy, move on to factory reset, firmware update etc: https://www.technewstoday.com/horizo...-on-tv-screen/

Thank you. I've done all the joyless parts. Power cycle, soft reset, hard reset, picture test, update, change of socket, change of power cable etc. I have made a thread about the problem with the model name Samsung QE50Q67TAU but I just want to know what it means when I get no half split when disconnecting the ribbon one at a time. I've not seen anything about it after scouring the internet and Youtube for hours and hours.

Comment

Here's a simple video of the "cut-off" method, it might not work but it can work even tho there is no half picture with one side unhooked, many more examples on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/-MftCkVto5A
                  Thanks for the link. I've tried this on both the ribbons with no luck. I've even tried it on the panel ribbon from the main board to the t-con thinking I might get lucky.

Comment

Someone here can probably help you check the diode packs and or resistors on the panel driver boards, there's been lots of posts about them, you can also check the little mlc capacitors on those panel driver boards for visible damage, shorts or very low ohms.
                    Last edited by nomoresonys; 08-18-2023, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubenlily View Post
                      I've done the cleaning and reseating with no luck.

I don't have a multimeter, haven't bought one yet so I will check the voltages once I get one. How do I know if it's something like that or the panel?
                      You can use just a basic multimeter for checking tvs, don't need anything fancy.

Comment

Post a picture of the lines, different type lines can mean different faults.

Comment

Someone here can probably help you check the diode packs and or resistors on the panel driver boards, there's been lots of posts about them, you can also check the little mlc capacitors on those panel driver boards for visible damage, shorts or very low ohms.
                          I've just purchased a multimeter and will start searching. Will look in the forum and on YT for tips. I've no idea right now what to do. Thanks for the tips.

Comment

Post a picture of the lines, different type lines can mean different faults.

Here are a picture of the lines. The lines are not solid, at least not all. Some change color and some disappear. Changes happens like every other second.

I've already made a thread about the TV and just made this thread to get answer to a question I couldn't find an answer to. More info in the thread below.

Thread:
                            https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=122423
                            Attached Files

Comment

This is what I have to work with. I have the power board, the mainboard and the other long board going from end to end.

Only Voltage Regulator I've found is on the mainboard circled in red but that can't be true? Where should I put my focus? On the mainboard or the long board?
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X