Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung QE50Q67TAU - horizontal lines

Hello,

First of all I'm new here. While looking I found this amazing forum and I'm very happy I did. Now for my problem:

I picked up a Samsung UHD QLED QE50Q67TAU from 2021 for $50 knowing it was defective. The seller said it had black lines and that it could get stuck in boot randomly.

I've tried a new power cable, hard reset, opening up and jiggling all cables, pressing everywhere to see if I get a reaction but I've gotten nothing. I've tried the tape method but I've only managed to get the lines worse.

I'm no expert but I've done the tape method a few times successfully but this time I'm stuck. The TV only has one ribbon cable from motherboard to panel and one ribbon cable (not sure of the correct name) connecting the two halves.

The black lines (and some coloured) are not that many and they shift some. Some goes through the whole screen and some doesn't. With tape I've managed to make them more and worse but that's it.

What would you suggest me doing? What do you think the problem is?

I've submitted two pictures, first picture shows fewer lines when the TV is not tampered with and the second shows TV when I've used tape over 2 signals showing more lines and colors.

I've also noticed a buzzing sound from the motherboard. Don't know what it means.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Rubenlily; 08-16-2023, 01:36 PM.

Re: Horizontal black lines on Samsung 50"

Fixed the title.

Comment

Re: Samsung QE50Q67TAU - horizontal lines

Also blank picture (but with sound playing) when disconnecting one at a time.

Attached Files

Comment

Ok, I've done all the boring tests and tried with tape everywhere. Next step is to get a multimeter and try connections. I've heard panel problems is pain so I'm hoping someone can tell me it's not the panel... If I'm not lucky, I'll will try to just sell it since I've found another TV for free instead.

Comment

If you can get the menu up/on screen display, see if the lines covering it too.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
            If you can get the menu up/on screen display, see if the lines covering it too.
            Yeah cover the menu.

Comment

Maybe try a picture test: Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Picture Test

Comment

Originally posted by Rubenlily View Post
                Hello,

First of all I'm new here. While looking I found this amazing forum and I'm very happy I did. Now for my problem:

I picked up a Samsung UHD QLED QE50Q67TAU from 2021 for $50 knowing it was defective. The seller said it had black lines and that it could get stuck in boot randomly.

I've tried a new power cable, hard reset, opening up and jiggling all cables, pressing everywhere to see if I get a reaction but I've gotten nothing. I've tried the tape method but I've only managed to get the lines worse.

I'm no expert but I've done the tape method a few times successfully but this time I'm stuck. The TV only has one ribbon cable from motherboard to panel and one ribbon cable (not sure of the correct name) connecting the two halves.

The black lines (and some coloured) are not that many and they shift some. Some goes through the whole screen and some doesn't. With tape I've managed to make them more and worse but that's it.

What would you suggest me doing? What do you think the problem is?

I've submitted two pictures, first picture shows fewer lines when the TV is not tampered with and the second shows TV when I've used tape over 2 signals showing more lines and colors.

I've also noticed a buzzing sound from the motherboard. Don't know what it means.
                Test the buzzing, try it with ribbon cables from tcon to panel unhooked, unhook on tcon side to avoid shorts, see if it's still buzzing, then try it with cable from mainboard to tcon unhooked, see what you get. Last time I had mainboard buzzing it was bad solder joints, use stethoscope, hose or something to your ear and try to isolate the buzzing location.
                Last edited by nomoresonys; 08-20-2023, 07:01 AM.

Comment

Use internet search, put in samsung horrizontal lines, there's a ton of info. available.

Comment

Working...
                  X