Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help needed Shuttle power supply

Hi all,
    I am new here. currently I am trying to fix my shuttle power supply which went up in smoke the other day. Here's the model and some pictures:
    Brand : Shuttle
    Model : PC71I0005

Can anyone tell me the rating of the burnt resistor? On top of that, the 5v standby power regulator was burnt and I couldn't identify the part number. Will upload the pictures once I get home. Anyone's help is much appreciated!!! Thanks.
    Attached Files

Re: Help needed Shuttle power supply

Originally posted by tckoo1411 View Post
    Hi all,
    I am new here. currently I am trying to fix my shuttle power supply which went up in smoke the other day. Here's the model and some pictures:
    Brand : Shuttle
    Model : PC71I0005

Can anyone tell me the rating of the burnt resistor? On top of that, the 5v standby power regulator was burnt and I couldn't identify the part number. Will upload the pictures once I get home. Anyone's help is much appreciated!!! Thanks..
    More picture
    Attached Files

Comment

The PC was shutting down when there's a huge spark, after which the house circuit breaker was tripped.
      Last edited by tckoo1411; 06-05-2015, 03:44 AM.

Comment

Any advice? Thanks.

Comment

well, fsp units.
          I don't know, but i do hate this platform..
          for me, it's rather hard to fix, because many components suffer leakage in full load rather than just fail..

But, here is the schematic.
          i do hope you'll find the missing component.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Quaddro; 06-07-2015, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Can you post top and bottom *overall* shots that show the whole PSU (and maybe point where the bad resistor is)? All I can see is that it is on the primary side (I think), possibly the snubber or current sense for APFC or main PS.

Comment

I have the same supply, but the layout is different...

One word of caution, the heavy filtering on the primary side can store quite a lot of energy.
              You must discharge where the 220/110V enters the board and then the main 450V cap (that is on a 16.5V rail on mine) with a 10k resistor wrapped in electrical tape.

Comment

"huge spark" sounds like the mov shorted and exploded - i'v personally seen that happen.

before you do anything else, get a small brush or a vac cleaner or compressed air and clear all that dust & fluff out

Comment

The IC which is blown is most likely to be a TNY26x series device (for the +5VSB section - a TNY265 handles 11W output and a TNY266 handles 15W output given this unit has active PFC and is of the open frame type and not an external adaptor) with the pins Drain (D), Source (S), Enable/Undervoltage (EN/UV), and Bypass (BP).
                  Also check capacitance of the 400/450V unit (after carefully discharging) - I've seen a surge damaged power supply which the 400/450V unit had barely any capacitance left in it.
                  My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

Working...
                  X