HP BIOS unlock tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP BIOS unlock tool

hi i tried to unlock 8440p .The unlocker generated file_unlocked.bin , but it did not work.
    Please help
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi, I have attached a zip file containing the original locked main(25Q128) and secondary(25Q16) BIOS files from the 1040 G2. Please let me know if you need additional information. Thank you so much for your help
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Seattle2021 View Post
        Hi, I have attached a zip file containing the original locked main(25Q128) and secondary(25Q16) BIOS files from the 1040 G2. Please let me know if you need additional information. Thank you so much for your help
        use the program from post # 1 on the 16MB bios, the other bios remains the same ..
        Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Hello Together,

I have a ZBook 15 g1. I desoldered the chip and read it via linux. Used the tool of post #1 and got a _unlocked file.

Sadly the _unclocked binary is binary identically to the original one

What went wrong? Is there another possibility to unlock the bios?
          Last edited by hopey; 07-18-2021, 05:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hopey View Post
            Hello Together,

I have a ZBook 15 g1. I desoldered the chip and read it via linux. Used the tool of post #1 and got a _unlocked file.

What went wrong?

I attached the files. Maybe someone is able to patch it for me or you can help me how to?
            Try this.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by imranromi View Post
              Try this.

Thanks, but beyond compare shows me a completely different content
              I'm not even sure to have the same serial number anymore
              Last edited by hopey; 07-18-2021, 05:44 AM. Reason: forgot to quote

Comment

Thanks, but beyond compare shows me a completely different content 🙄 I'm not even sure to have the same serial number anymore 😐
                Correct i fix board 10 mint before your i read post.I read bios chip via programmer and sent you

Comment

Thanks, but beyond compare shows me a completely different content
                  I'm not even sure to have the same serial number anymore
                  look
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hello Together,

What went wrong? Is there another possibility to unlock the bios?
                    soldered the bios chip back in - they seemed to forget the password on this 🙈 ...and I did not check it 🙄 epic fail!

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
                      use the program from post # 1 on the 16MB bios, the other bios remains the same ..
                      Hi Peste, I flashed the "unlocked" BIOS file for the 16MB chip following the instruction on page #1, but I am getting the 5 flashes of the Cap and Scroll keys. I did this on a new BIOS chip as well as the original BIOS chip. Fortunately, I was able to boot up normally after flashing the original locked file back to the original BIOS chip. Please let me know if you have any suggestion. Much appreciated. (Attached is the unlocked file using the HP unlocked tool)

Comment

Hello,

Would you be kindly unlock this BIOS file from a HP 1040 G2?
                        BIOS chip is a Winbond W25Q128FV.

For some reason I also get a "Failed to execute script Unlocker" error when attempting to unlock the bin file. Thank you so much for your help
                        Hi, do you know if you need to unlock both BIOS on a 1040 G2? I am not getting any display and flashing Cap and Scroll keys when I only unlocked the 25q128fvsq BIOS chip. Thank you for all your time and support.

Hi Peste, I flashed the "unlocked" BIOS file for the 16MB chip following the instruction on page #1, but I am getting the 5 flashes of the Cap and Scroll keys. I did this on a new BIOS chip as well as the original BIOS chip. Fortunately, I was able to boot up normally after flashing the original locked file back to the original BIOS chip. Please let me know if you have any suggestion. Much appreciated. (Attached is the unlocked file using the HP unlocked tool)
                        HPUnlocker doesn't work with 1040 G2 unfortunately, so there is no point to keep trying, not going to happen.
                        Last edited by Vesko356; 07-18-2021, 01:47 PM.
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                        Become a Badcaps supporter
                        >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                        Thanks to all supporters.​
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
                          HPUnlocker doesn't work with 1040 G2 unfortunately, so there is no point to keep trying, not going to happen.
                          Thank you for this information about HPUnlocker. Is there another solution to unlock the password Thanks

Comment

Thank you for this information about HPUnlocker. Is there another solution to unlock the password Thanks
                            You have already asked Peste for help, just be patient and wait for him to rebuiild your bios dump, than use HP dmi tool to write back the serials etc. and that's all.

Comment

try

1040 g2 contains scancodes not AdminPW in 16 mo chip
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by N0f3ar View Post
                                hi i tried to unlock 8440p .The unlocker generated file_unlocked.bin , but it did not work.
                                Please help
                                same as above
                                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Maxpower3 View Post
                                  try

... and health issues with P.R.O.S.t.a.t.e.
                                  Just joking
                                  Good work Maxpower3, should work fine.

Comment

try

Hi Mazpower3,

I have just tried your latest patch but I still get the blank screen display, (5) flashing scroll & cap lock, also high fan speed. Please let me know if I need to make additional tweak to make this work. I also make a mistake previously as this is a 1040 G1 and not G2 according to the system info. Thank you again for all your time and support. You have a wonderful day

Comment

try..
                                      Attached Files
                                      Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Hi Mazpower3,

I have just tried your latest patch but I still get the blank screen display, (5) flashing scroll & cap lock, also high fan speed. Please let me know if I need to make additional tweak to make this work. I also make a mistake previously as this is a 1040 G1 and not G2 according to the system info. Thank you again for all your time and support. You have a wonderful day
                                        retry with new file

weird should work fine normally ??

your solder is good ,not clip with read and write
                                        Attached Files

Comment

retry with new file

weird should work fine normally ??

your solder is good ,not clip with read and write
                                          Maxpower3,

Thank you for keep trying.
                                          With the latest patch, I get a different result, the Power and Cap LEDs are lit, but the screen is blank, and fan does not turn on. I also did a file comparison after write/read of the new file on the BIOS chip.
                                          I don't use clip on the EZP2019 program, only soldering.

I am pretty sure it's not a soldering issue or programing issue since the laptop works fine when I restored the original code back onto the BIOS chip. Again, really appreciate for all your time in getting this to work.

Comment

Working...
                                          X