HP 6735s blinking orange light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP 6735s blinking orange light

If the problemstill goes on just check the power supply around the GPU.. or just try to replace the GPU from an old motherboard.. the new ones often cause problems.. fake!

Comment

I tried both putting an RTC battery on the board and changing the IO chip. The same happens.
      And I don't have another BGA chip to test.

Comment

what about the IO chip.. It may cause serious problems..Just send me the motherboard details and I will see what I can do to help you

Comment

motherboard number is 6050A2235601-MB-A03 with AMD Sempron CPU
          216-0674026 GPU and 218S7EBLA12FG chipset
          IO Chip SMSC KBC1091-NU

Comment

hard disk spin ?

Comment

I have not connect the hard disk at all.

Comment

Is that exactly your motherboard?
                What about the reballing process? Was it successful? The description you just told is the sign of a deffective GPU.. (or in your case not very well -reballed)..
                It happened to me once when I reflowed the Gpu of a Gateway with AMD sempron processor. At the beginning, I had the display only through the VGA slot, in an external monitor, but not the embedded screen.. After the reflow process, everything stopped.. I have now only some LEDs lit.. no fan, no cpu or gpu start up..
                another thing I must tell you about is whether all the small components surrounding the GPu are still there.. During the reflow process, some of them may be blown away. and the motherboard stops forever.. Pay attention my friend!
                PS I am sending these pictures ofthe motherboard to check the presence of all the components surrounding the GPU.

good luck
                Attached Files
                Last edited by ziouneh; 01-25-2018, 06:27 AM.

Comment

This is my motherboard. The reballing process is not something I did it for first time. I have been able to fix many laptops via reballing or changing VGA chip.
                  All the components around GPU are there, nothing missing. And also I'm using IR instead of hot air, so it is more difficult for parts to get blown away.
                  I'm thinking that the GPU may be defective so I'll have to order another one to check.

Comment

Usually reballing doesn't fix permanently the issue. On GPUs, the problem is almost never the balls but rather the chip itself. However heating it up to a sensible temperature can make it work again for a while.
                    OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

It's 80% the chip.. So try not to order but get one from an old motherboard. New ones are most ofthe time deffective.. They may simply not work.. because they are not made in the OEM factory, but in other counterfeiting factories.. I heard many people complaining about these chip ordered from amazon or ebay or else.. unless you send them an email to urge them to send an original one..
                      good luck

Comment

The "new" chips sold on eBay/Aliexpress are old dead reballed ones. They are often polished then remarked to have newer date codes, or even another model number.
                        OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Working...
                        X