Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HP G6 DA0R13MB6E1 QUANTA R13 REV. E / No power, No LEDs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP G6 DA0R13MB6E1 QUANTA R13 REV. E / No power, No LEDs...

Quoting myself:
    Originally posted by KvnTM View Post
    C26 = 0.1uF / 10V
    C20 = 220pF / 50V (Can be left unpopulated, just for EMI)
    Just populate both to be safe. At least C26.
    C20 isnt that important.
    Last edited by KvnTM; 11-28-2019, 03:55 PM.

Comment

hi, KvnTM right now I'm in front of the card. could you tell me how to set up the tester to take measurements? should I set it to diode or ohm?

Comment

Depends on what you want to measure.
        If you want to measure for shorts or resistance then set it to Ohm
        If you want to measure voltage set it to Volt

Comment

in the previous post I wrote that pr12 heated a lot and for this reason I removed it. you advised me to test pr12 without resistance to see if it was pc16 in short or the chip.

Comment

So my card shows up: pr12 Missing c26 Missing c20 missing
            Attached Files

Comment

Oh yeah I remember.. Put your meter in Ohm mode and put your red probe on the left pad of pr12 and the black probe on either one of those screw holes.

Comment

nothing ... it gives me some value if I put the red probe on the right ... I put the tester at 200k

Comment

I put the tester at 2000 and put the black probe where the screws go and Red probe both to the right and to the left of pr12 but no value
                  Attached Files

Comment

Resistance could be out of range. Measure with 2000k range

Comment

I don't know if it could be strange to me from 480 and slowly it increases
                      Last edited by antony.ag; 12-03-2019, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by antony.ag View Post
                        I don't know if it could be strange to me from 480 and slowly it increases
                        Yeah that's due to capacitors charging through your meter.
                        Have you already removed any component from the board? The cap I mentioned?

Comment

do I have to remove pc16?

Comment

ehehe I hope as soon as possible ehehehe ... another question I wanted to ask you those capacitors that I removed I can leave them without or I'm forced to put them
                            Originally posted by KvnTM View Post
                            Yeah that's due to capacitors charging through your meter.
                            Have you already removed any component from the board? The cap I mentioned?

What cap ?

Comment

What cap ?
                              Could you put the readings and where you probe in the photo? I'm not sure if you are measuring correctly..

My question was if you did anything to the board when the resistor was heating up. I know you removed the resistor but anything else?

Comment

measured at 2000k and brings me 480 and goes up ... the components removed are only those mentioned before c26 and c20 ... when I removed the resistance I did not remove any other component ... the first component that I had removed was c26 then I removed c20 and afterwards I realized that pr12 burned and I took it off ... I didn't take anything anymore
                                Attached Files

Comment

how can i proceed? Please :-(

Comment

how can i proceed? Please :-(
                                    Replace C26 & C20 with the proper caps and put a 20Ohm resistor where PR12 was and start over. Randomly ripping parts of the board while not knowing the issue won't fix it..

Comment

ok perfect I will try to do it immediately ... how can I measure the capacitors I need with the tester?

Comment

ok perfect I will try to do it immediately ... how can I measure the capacitors I need with the tester?
                                        I already posted the correct ones but here it is again:

C26 = 0.1uF / 10V
                                        C20 = 220pF / 50V
                                        PR12 = 22Ohm (Not 20 or 220...)
                                        Last edited by KvnTM; 12-04-2019, 05:42 AM.

Comment

yes thank you very much very kind ... but I had to take them in another motherboard how can I measure if they can go well? because on the cards the value is not marked ... with the tester how can I measure the value of the capacitor that I would like to take from another motherboard?

Comment

Working...
                                          X