VAIO Bad Backlight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VAIO Bad Backlight?

Hiya, hope you everyone had a nice Christmas. I have VGN-NS10L with a dodgy screen that I'm trying to repair and it has quite a telling fault. The screen will work fine for minute or so before the image shakes for a second or so then fades to seemingly black. If I shine a torch on the screen I can see a very dark version of what should be bright i.e. the windows desktop. This is definitely a hardware fault as this will occur both inside and out of windows such as at the BIOS screen. Can anyone suggest the most likely fault or the best tests to perform to ensure the nature of the fault?

Re: VAIO Bad Backlight?

What type of screen? LED or LCD.If it is lcd then then it could either be the backlight in the screen or the inverter. So lets know what screen type you have.

Comment

It's an LCD screen. Do you know how I might highlight which part is causing the problem?

Comment

You can start with the inverter. sometimes the transformer on it develops cold solder so you can try and resolder the pins to see if it solves the problem.

Comment

Working...
        X