Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clear CMOS on unowhy Y13 Ultrabooks on motherboard

Hi,

After disable fastboot option in the bios of a unowhy Y13 ultrabooks the screen stay black with power led on.

I search how to clear cmos with jumper or battery off without sucess.
    Help appreciate to know how we can do it on an ultrabooks.
    Thanks
    Attached Files

Re: Clear CMOS on Ultrabooks on motherboard

Disconnect battery and any CMOS battery, press power button 5 times. Voila!

Comment

Re: Clear CMOS on Ultrabooks on motherboard

Originally posted by sikocan View Post
      Disconnect battery and any CMOS battery, press power button 5 times. Voila!
      So where is the CMOS battery ?
      If it too simple for you

Comment

Re: Clear CMOS on unowhy Y13 Ultrabooks on motherboard

Some models like these, there is no CMOS battery, just disconnect internal battery and press power button few times.

Comment

Originally posted by sikocan View Post
          Some models like these, there is no CMOS battery, just disconnect internal battery and press power button few times.
          I tried with Internal battery disconnected
          - 5x time slowy
          - 5x times quickly
          - 5x time slowy + external power
          - 5x times quickly + external power
          - 1x long time 60s
          - 1x long time 60s + external power
          - 30x times quickly

no result , black screen with led power on

Thank you anyway
          Last edited by highsnoop; 02-13-2023, 10:16 AM. Reason: update

Comment

Ask for a clean me bios while posting your backup in "Bios Section" and flash the new bios. Hopefully that will restore the settings to default and you may get display back. Woth the try.

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
              Ask for a clean me bios while posting your backup in "Bios Section" and flash the new bios. Hopefully that will restore the settings to default and you may get display back. Woth the try.
              Thanks for your proposal but i don't have a BIOS backup.
              I didn't update it, I only changed a simple parameter.
              I never has been get this issue with a real motherboard (MSI, ASUS, LENOVO; ACER,...)

I hate noname without technical documentation

The ultrabook don't boot from USB too, so how I can flash the BIOS if a get a BIOS flash file ?

Comment

This is the picture of a part of the motherboard.
                You will see the bios chipset and the connector to manage it.

I think something can be executed from here to reset or update the code when the laptop boot on a black screen
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by highsnoop View Post

I hate noname without technical documentation
                  All the manufacturers don't provide much in that way. Schematics and boardviews aren't actually published by them, the bulk we have in the public domain have been stolen or leaked. The exception is Framework, who according to Rossman are publishing theirs. Random stuff like this is so uncommon that nobody sees the worth in stealing it I guess.

Removal of the battery should result in a CMOS reset, unless there is something screwy with the EEPROM. Take it off the board, dump it and post it in the BIOS group like @mcplslg123 suggested. It's good advice.

Comment

I watched a lot of youtube videos on eproom flash in recent days

But this problem (black screen after changing a setting in the bios) happens several times on noname motherboards (like pipo X8)
                    Because the manufacturer uses a common bios with all the options not available on its own device

I can't read the chipset number So I can't figure out how to make a short circuit (pin x to pin y) like a clearcmos jumper without the risk of burning it.
                    My last chance, as you both said, is to read the eproom with my rasbperry (I've never done that before ) to read/delete/write I also don't know the voltage for this chipset (3.3V?)

any help are welcome
                    Thks

Attached Files

Comment

I've no idea about raspberry as i've never used it. Any SPI programmer will read /write your bios chip. If you dont have the tools, you can get it done by a repair shop in your location.

Comment

https://github.com/bibanon/Coreboot-...h-Raspberry-Pi

But does each chip have the same schema ?

example
                        https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-oqp22M52C...o2+diagram.jpg

Can i used only pin : 1 2 4 5 6 only (used O for the welding) ?
                        Attached Files

Comment

On board read/write of SPI25 EEPROM's is a bit hit and miss for me. It's quicker just to hot air it off and put it in a programmer. If the EEPROM is near anything heat sensitive (or I don't want to take the board out), I use Chipquik on the pins and it will just come off with an iron.

Any SPI25 programmer will work, even CH341. You may need a 1.8V adaptor though if the EEPROM you are trying to read is 1.8V variant. Check datasheet of the EEPROM to confirm.

Comment

With difficulty i Can read the chip ref

Gigadevice
                            25lb64cvig
                            Ef8211
                            Aj2039

The voltage seems to between 1.65 and 2.0

Here is the Doc https://www.mouser.fr/ProductDetail/...IVPR6ZyQ%3D%3D

If you confirm, i will buy a ch341 like this
                            ch341a

Sorry for sponsor but not choice 🥴
                            Thks for your help

Comment

With adaptor 1,8v because ch341a=3,3v like raspberry

Comment

Wondering if this thing is a rebadged Chuwi, as it sounds like they have the same issues on those lappies. The settings seem to be stored within the EEPROM and are non-volatile. Hence why removing the battery won't work. Cheap garbage from China.

https://forum.chuwi.com/t/i-need-a-w...2778/65?page=2

Where to get a donor BIOS from though?

This kit on Aliexpress has everything included the 1.8V adaptor.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3278...8dat0Nx70&mp=1

Comment

I received everything needed but I find an empty chip

Before plug ch341a key on pc (windows 10), i check with a tester the good contact with pins on motherboard to the adaptor 1-1 2-2 3-3 ....

The chip doesn't be found with asprogrammer, i selected GD25B64C in the device list manually without success

thanks for what i am wrong
                                  Attached Files
                                  Last edited by highsnoop; 02-17-2023, 06:43 AM. Reason: fix traduction

Comment

Be sure your tools are supporting and configured for 1v8 operation. Otherwise this flash chip will be killed.

You will need to remove the flash chip off the logic board and then proceed to use the programmer to read / write / erase the chip.

Be very careful on the hot air tool that can and will hurt the display or any nearby plastic parts. Keep the air flow low and ample flux to remove the part. Practice if required on other donor boards first.

Comment

i tried with another chip from an older motherboard

Asus M4A785STD-V
                                      Chip : CfEON EN25F80
                                      https://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datash...N/EN25F80.html
                                      Full voltage range: 2.7-3.6 volt

so without 1.8v adaptor i get something from the chip (No detect automatically, i selected it manually)

see capture too confirm

So the issue can be from Adaptor or chip
                                      I don't have others chip in 1.8v
                                      Attached Files

Comment

I used a voltmeter between 8 and 4 and I get 1.8V so the voltage was set correctly.
                                        So I think it's the connection with the clamp around the chip...
                                        I will try to weld it but it's very very small....
                                        Last edited by highsnoop; 02-17-2023, 09:28 AM. Reason: update

Comment

Working...
                                        X