Why Hermei over Sanyo ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why Hermei over Sanyo ?

Why did Epox chose 6.3v 3300uF Hermei caps on their high-end EP-9NPA+ Ultra (nForce4 Ultra) and 6.3v 3300uF Sanyo caps on EP-9NPAJ (nForce4) ?

Those Hermei caps are better than Sanyo's ?

EPoX ran out of Sanyo's and put those Hermei instead ?

the hermei caps are cheaper.
    bean counters at work.
    btw i have replaced lots of hermei caps.
    a known troublemaker.

Comment

That's what I don't understand...

Why did Epox preferred these low quality caps on their nForce4 Ultra board ?

If they were to put some cheap caps that would be on the nForce4 Standard not on the Ultra...

Comment

doenst the one with sanyo only have like 1 row of them, and cheap crap everywhere else?

haven't seen a nice epox in years

Comment

Indeed, it's filled with small Teapo's... but it should be alright.

Comment

their 8rda or 8kxa are good, if only the caps they used weren't GSC crap...
            days are so short when you actually do something..

Comment

zyxel using hermei and supacon on their networking equipment. it is a big shame cos its excellent equipment. since i know how to recap its not a worry anymore.
              capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

Re: Why Hermei over Sanyo ?

I guess they want to make the Ultra version costs $10 or so more than the standard version, to get customers to buy more of it. That $10 or so more for the Ultra version compared to the standard version can make a quesion of reliability.
                My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

New 9NPA+ Ultra Has Sanyo and Rubycons all around.

Comment

Yea, look at this picture

Taken from this page

Looks like Sanyo and Rubycons to me too...
                    Guess Epox finally learned...

...or do we have any contradicting recent mainboards from Epox still using GSC crap?
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by willawake; 02-27-2006, 04:17 PM. Reason: offsite pic upload
                    "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Don't bet on that pictures. They can change brand of the caps anytime.

Comment

Well the current one I bought has Rubycon, Sanyo and Panasonic. 3 smaller Teapos

Comment

No more GSC - nice

Comment

Last 2 Epox Boards I owned had good caps.. I think they are starting to make a change. Thats good because they make one of the most stable boards I have ever used.

Comment

Yea, I've always liked Epox boards... Though after their cap problems I said I would never buy them again...

Though I said that about Abit and the NF7-S Sata controller RAID corruption problem too

And Asus with the stupid BIOS layout and automatic memory divider "feature" of their recent Athlon64 boards...

So now my list of reputable manufacturers to buy from is quite short I might get a DFI though, they appeal to me (never had one before...)
                              "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Working...
                              X