2080Ti startup issue ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2080Ti startup issue ?

Hi I recently bought a 2nd hand Ge-force 2080Ti, it all works ok runs fine and no issues stress testing with furmark . However I get this screen when powering on (see video link) , is this cause for concern ? .

I guess this is some scrambled version of the mainboard vendor logo and the loading circle. Can you access BIOS and if so, does it display correctly?

Comment

Just gone into the bios and all looks like it should, interestingly it seem it only does it from power up not on a restart 🤔

Comment

In the video it looks like it also happens when starting the PC from sleep mode.

What exact model of GPU are we talking about?

You shoud try to update the GPU VBIOS, if there is an update available. Use GPU-Z to check your current firmware version.

Comment

Should check with another motherboard and display before messing with the graphics card.
          OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Can´t see how the display would be at fault here though

Comment

Originally posted by FZG View Post
              In the video it looks like it also happens when starting the PC from sleep mode.

What exact model of GPU are we talking about?

You shoud try to update the GPU VBIOS, if there is an update available. Use GPU-Z to check your current firmware version.
              The video is from startup, it does not do it from sleep, Gpu msi gaming trio geforce rtx 2080 Ti

Comment

Originally posted by piernov View Post
                Should check with another motherboard and display before messing with the graphics card.
                The motherboard is a fairly new asus PRIME Z690-A (LGA1700) and both were working fine before I put this card in.

Comment

I just checked and it seems to be on 30 Hz with no option to change it, I plugged it into the other display port and that does not show the scrambled image on startup and its on 60Hz but if i touch the cable it goes to black screen like the connector is bad .

Comment

How does it work with the other connectors? Should have 3xDP, 1xHDMI, 1xUSB-C.

Did you check VBIOS version with GPU-Z? Latest version is 90.02.42.00.14. If everything else fails, might be worth to give it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by FZG View Post
                      How does it work with the other connectors? Should have 3xDP, 1xHDMI, 1xUSB-C.

Did you check VBIOS version with GPU-Z? Latest version is 90.02.42.00.14. If everything else fails, might be worth to give it a try.
                      Version : 90.02.30.00.65 is what I have
                      Not done a VBIOS update before , will take a look / .

Comment

Make a backup of your current BIOS before doing anything (can be done with GPU-Z).

Flashing a new BIOS can be done with Nvidia NVFlash or with a USB programmer.

Latest rom for your card is here: https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/...i-11264-200203

---

Besides all the VBIOS stuff, check your display cable as well (just in case it´s that simple...)

Comment

It was just a dirty connector, it looked a bit dull compared to the other 2 ports so I gave the cable plug a squirt of contact cleaner worked it a bit now its working fine..

Comment

Working...
                          X