Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heres' an easy to use CCFL and Inverter test kit for LCD repairs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heres' an easy to use CCFL and Inverter test kit for LCD repairs...

Take a look at my homemade CCFL lamp and Inverter test kit....pic shows a dual case light add on modified for testingl...the two pairs of white leads are what you're after...left pair has a pair of cap legs soldered into stranded wire for a single fine test lead to put in those tiny lamp connector holes (waste not, want not), and the right pair of leads are soldered flat so they nicely stick in the board connector to test the inverter. The 12V battery pack is lighting my 'spare' redundant lamp, and I've left the female dongle on for an alternate connection to power.
    Saving the switch and male dongle for another project...you never know.
    Questions...?
    Attached Files

Re: Heres' an easy to use CCFL and Inverter test kit for LCD repairs...

How much did that cost to build and were the components readily available?

Comment

those chinese kits cost beer money.

Comment

I have not always had the best of luck with setups like this. I made a lamp tester out of a PC case CCFL power supply just like that one. I noticed that mine had no problem running failing lamps without turning off. The lamps would run via the test power supply, but the monitor's power supply would trip right away.

Comment

the trick is to connect the invertor to the psu through an ameter to measure how much current the tube draws.

Comment

Working...
          X