Hyundai P227d White Screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hyundai P227d White Screen

I'm at work at the moment but I'll update with pictures in a few hours...

The screen turns on bright white, but if viewed from an angle you can see a very faint shadow of a window or other thing being displayed (its not in color).

With that said, I've checked all the fuses on the power supply board, and checked the caps for shorts (all I have is a multimeter). All seems good on that front and I don't see any heavy bulging or busted caps. The only interesting thing I've found is the output voltage is labeled +5v going to the display board, but it's actually putting out 6.7v. That is the only voltage going to the display board. There is a 4 wire cable running directly to the LCD panel, I'm assuming is for the backlights but not 100% sure.

The display board has a ribbon cable that runs to the LCD panel(TCON?) where there is a small board that attaches to all the ribbons for the LCD panel. There are test points on that board but I'm not sure what they mean.

I checked the one fuse on the display board and it was fine, and it's outputting the same 6.7v to the LCD panel, as well as various other voltages (ranging around 1.5 to 1.8v).

Any thoughts off hand on what I should test when I get back to take pictures?

Also thanks in advance!

Edit: Snapped some photos.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by joshprototype; 08-05-2014, 10:36 AM.

Re: Hyundai P227d White Screen

Can you test the voltage on the red wires at the end of the connector where there are a lot of blue and white wires.

On the connectors on the power supply can you test all the voltages and post them like

CN??
    pin1 12v..... 11,97n
    pin2 gnd
    pin32 5v....4.6v and so on

Oh and its not still under gtee is it??
    Last edited by selldoor; 08-06-2014, 06:49 AM.
    Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Don't think it is. Hyundai IT has a pretty terrible site, hard to find any information on it. I do know that the voltage on the red wires going to the LCD panel (next to all the blue ones) is reading the same 6.7v.

On the power supply there is only 1 cable that runs to the display board. It's labeled CN102 (left side of last picture), and it's supposed to have 5v on it but it too has 6.7v. That connector also has a PWM and BLK listed along with a GND.

On the right side there is a smaller 4 pin cable that runs directly to the lcd panel labeled CN201 (bottom right last picture). I'll go retest those voltages and report back.

Comment

And the power board just slid and touched part of the ground on the housing (I saw a spark! :C ) blowing the fuse. So I'll have to jump the fuse for now to test further.

Comment

Working...
        X