• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$1 goodwill find

i found a sperry pocket-pro dm-2a for $1 at a goodwill

http://www.sperryinstruments.com/product/dm2a

features:
    • Pocket sized (runs off 2 watch batteries)
    • auto range
    • continuity beep
    • in virtually spotless condition

good deal? (my other meter is a velleman DVM850BL)
    Attached Files
    sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Re: $1 goodwill find

thats fuckin awesome! do you want to sell it for $2?
    lol dude the goodwill never has anything electronic

Comment

Nice find. I mean it's good enough for minor electronic work. I would have loved to have this when I was a kid with my radio shack electronic kits.

You just reminded me, it's been a while since my wife and I went "Goodwill hopping".

Its a great place to meet chicks!!! Low maintenance.
      The strong-minded rise to the challenge of their goals,the weak-minded BECOME HATERS

Comment

it might be good for school eletcronics class... it was auto range which told me it was likely not noname junk.
        sigpic

Comment

Looks cheap. Like my now fried dt860d dmm.

Comment

iirc sperry is not a cheap crap brand.
            sigpic

Comment

im not saying its cheap crap. it jus t kinda looks cheap becase the lght yellow plastic, the thin wires, and the cheap-looking small buttons...

Comment

It's worth $1.00. I wouldnt pay no more than $2.25 for it though. It really isnt worth wasting a good thread on it. LOL JK
                The strong-minded rise to the challenge of their goals,the weak-minded BECOME HATERS

Comment

I had shaggy hair throughout most of high school. "Muffin head" hair.

One day I was looking through Goodwill's overpriced collection of mediocre audio gear when this little kid walks up to me and goes "Hey Mom, can..."

He suddenly looked up and realized I wasn't his mother, said sorry, and walked away.

Fuck Goodwill.

Comment

Congrats. - Good deal.
                    It's a current product at several places.
                    $30-$40 range.
                    Mann-Made Global Warming.
                    - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
                    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
                    -
                    You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
                    -

Comment

Originally posted by weirdlookinguy View Post

One day I was looking through Goodwill's overpriced collection of mediocre audio gear when this little kid walks up to me and goes "Hey Mom, can..."

He suddenly looked up and realized I wasn't his mother, said sorry, and walked away.

Fuck Goodwill.
                      That could have happened at Safeways or even on the street.

-
                      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
                      -
                      You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
                      -

Comment

It was meant to be a funny story I don't have anything against goodwill for something that could have happened to me anywhere.

Comment

If that happened at a walmart, I'd understand. An old balding man walking with a limp on both legs, is better looking than women that shop at walmart. Its the only place where you could find a set of dentures on the floor, take it to the service desk, they call it out over the intercom and the next thing they know, they have 22 people in line trying to claim it.

Comment

So,,,, you check out balding old men frequently?

-

- Dr Seuss
                            -
                            -

Comment

Originally posted by pcbonez View Post
                              so,,,, you check out balding old men frequently?
                              ouch!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by weirdlookinguy View Post

Fuck Goodwill.
                                reminds me of some guy at the computerfest years ago.
                                had one of those weird hairdoo's that likely used up a case of hairspray and looked like a big birds nest on his head.i asked him where the birds were and he looked at me like i was crazy till i pointed at the hair.then he went all red faced.

Comment

Hmm how do you measure current?
                                  36 Monitors, 3 TVs, 4 Laptops, 1 motherboard, 1 Printer, 1 iMac, 2 hard drive docks and one IP Phone repaired so far....

Comment

Thats a little too technical for this meter. I guess you'd just have to measure voltage across, then resistance, then do the calculation.

By the way, the balding joke, I actually described exacty what I am except for the dentures. LOL ...But that's yet to come. I'll buy them on ebay - lightly used. lol
                                    Last edited by Dgtech; 10-14-2010, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PCBONEZ View Post
                                      So,,,, you check out balding old men frequently?
                                      Sounds like maybe you're fishing for a date?
                                      Ludicrous gibs!

Comment

Originally posted by dood View Post
                                        Sounds like maybe you're fishing for a date?
                                        I know you're drooling but I'm already taken.
                                        Maybe you should hook up with Dgtech. MD is a lot closer to PA than AZ.
                                        Last edited by PCBONEZ; 10-14-2010, 01:30 PM.

-

- Dr Seuss
                                        -
                                        -

Comment

Working...
                                        X