Sony KDL-40V4100 inverted picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony KDL-40V4100 inverted picture

Last night, I have picked up this TV and I was told by the owner that a technician told him, that the mainboard is the issue.
    I think the same thing, but I would like to ask you too, since I have never had this problem before.
    I haven't opened up the TV yet.
    I have did a basic TV reset, with arrow up and power button, which didn't help.
    I have tried changing picture settings, again did not help(doesn't have contrast).
    I have tried to download the newest firmware, thinking that maybe it would fix the problem, but with the TV's serial number did not show any available firmware.
    I have tried switching two numbers in the serial number and I have managed to get the firmware, but I'm hesitant about using it. It is wise to flash it?
    Any input would be appreciated.
    Attached Files

Re: Sony KDL-40V4100 inverted picture

I am pretty sure this is an LVDS setting problem. The format is set wrong. Are there any options in the service menu for LVDS modes or formats?
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I haven't played with the service settings yet, when I get home I will look at the pdf and I will play with it.
      I never worked on a Sony service settings yet, only Samsung.

Comment

That looks so much like this chinese cheapie i had which had corrupted eeprom data. I thought I'd share an example where it was a mainboard issue.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...&highlight=mvm

I did a reset within the service menu,fixed, but for Sony I have no idea if that's an option , never touched one.

Here's some photos from back then, last is the fixed result
        Attached Files
        Last edited by tw2005; 05-03-2013, 01:48 PM.

Comment

I managed to get into the service menu, but I'm stuck there.
          I don't know what to do there.
          Samsung is so much easier to use.
          I'm looking at the SM, but it's very limited on what can be done there and how to do it.
          Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Pictures of service menu?
            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Copy of manual
              Attached Files

Comment

Thank you, but I have this manual already and there is some very basic information.
                To me, is useless.
                Tom, I will take a picture with the menu in a couple of minutes.

Comment

Here it is:
                  Attached Files

Comment

Tried this?

While holding down (UP ARROW) the on the Remote Commander, press the
                    POWER button on the Front Panel of the set.
                    The set restarts and displays the initial setup screen. This may take
                    several minutes.

Comment

This looks like it could be a bad AS15 chip on the T-Con board, check your board to see if it has this chip or give us some pics.

Comment

I would be surprised if the gamma IC would distort colours?

Comment

Usually with a bad AS15 if you turn the contrast way down the pic will get better but not all the way. I've done about 6 of these in the last couple months and the picture varied on each but usually looks inverted or animated, yours looks pretty severe..

Comment

Usually the colours are good though. IMO, it looks more like the data format is wrong, like it is getting 10 bit data instead of 8 bit data or something like that.

Comment

This is a Samsung I just picked up yesterday, suspecting the AS15-F chip. I had one before that had similar problem but was just a loose LVDS cable. Does this look similar to yours or no?
                              Attached Files

Comment

My Insignia that I try to fix turns out to be bad T-CON due to bad AIS15 IC.
                                https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...+NS-LTDVD32-09
                                I have spare T-CON so I did not replace the IC.
                                Never stop learning
                                Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Just replaced the AS15-F chip and that fixed this one.. It seems they are all set to go bad around this time of year
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Sorry guys, yesterday I was at the beach.
                                    On my way there I have picked up a nice 46" Samsung LED/smart TV.
                                    Keeps clicking, no backlight, no error code from the LED(it's just on).
                                    I will start another thread with this TV.
                                    Today, if I will have some time, I will open up this TV to see the LVDS cable if it's seated properly and I will check that IC on the T-con board.
                                    Thank you all for the help, I appreciate it a lot.
                                    Tom, I have did that reset, but did not do anything.
                                    I was hoping to find something in the service menu, some other reset option, but I don't know how to use that menu.

Comment

LVDS cable cleaning and re-installing didn't to anything.
                                      I have the same IC on the T-con board.
                                      So you guys are saying that IC causing this symptom?
                                      There is a good source for these ICs?
                                      That will be a bit of a challenge re-soldering it, but I think that I will have to practice with my hot air station, on how to solder with it. I have done it only once.
                                      Attached Files

Comment

It's worth a shot, but I'm going to say I don't think it's the fault. I can't think of a way the gamma IC can cause the colour to change, especially in such sudden increments. I still haven't found any info on how to change panel settings in the service menu though.

Comment

Working...
                                        X