Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Phillips 50" Plasma - 50PF7321D/37

Originally posted by WinRyder View Post
    Hey Plainbill, i've tried, a new ssb, and a new power supply... still nothing where should i go from here? I've tried old psu with new ssb, new psu with old ssb, new/new. Also to add these parts i purchase were brand new not used or anything. I hope you have some advice for me cause this is getting expensive lol

WinRyder
    There is very little information on Error 4. The manuals point out that by shorting a pair of pins on the SSB, the TV will ignore that error and boot, and "You might even get a picture". I just spent half an hour of my life (such as it is) digging through the block diagrams, and the I2C4 bus seems to go to the logic main board, part number LJ41-03703A. There are several of them available on eBay, starting at $25.00. But please understand that I am well outside my comfort zone on this.

PlainBill
    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

I just found that there was a update for this plasma that is suppose to fix the 4-flashing red light, so I gave it a try just now, well it doesn't flash anymore and the front led is green... but still nothing so far.

WinRyder

Comment

Comment

I'm not sure that it will actually take the update without completing the startup process. I'd check the thumb drive and see if the file is still there; as I recall, it deletes the file as part of the upgrade.

PlainBill
          For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

its still there, are you sure it deletes the file once its done? Because the led is still solid green but just no picture and that's without the usb in. I'm going to try connecting something to the AV1 ports and see if it brings it up, i will post back shortly.

WinRyder

Comment

its still there, are you sure it deletes the file once its done? Because the led is still solid green but just no picture and that's without the usb in. I'm going to try connecting something to the AV1 ports and see if it brings it up, i will post back shortly.

WinRyder
              Well, let's say that the last time I did a firmware upgrade, it deleted the file. To me that was a sensible precaution, but who knows if they decided to change it.

PlainBill

Comment

on the logic board, there is a button SW2000, what is that? I've been trying to find information on it but sadly no luck, I was wondering if there was a way to reset the logic board or something cause it seems now when i turn it on, the two led's on the ssb stay one, the led on the psu still starts to flash after it goes through the steps of starting the unit (still the two leds on the ssb are lit now) and the front led is solid green and doesn't flash, then the led on the logic, goes off and then a click sound(most likely protection mode).

Comment

on the logic board, there is a button SW2000, what is that? I've been trying to find information on it but sadly no luck, I was wondering if there was a way to reset the logic board or something cause it seems now when i turn it on, the two led's on the ssb stay one, the led on the psu still starts to flash after it goes through the steps of starting the unit (still the two leds on the ssb are lit now) and the front led is solid green and doesn't flash, then the led on the logic, goes off and then a click sound(most likely protection mode).
                  That button is used to step through various test patterns when the main logic board is put into test mode by installing a push-on jumper. What is the model number of the plasma panel. It'll appear on a white label on the panel itself. Then Google the model number followed by ' service manual'.

PlainBill

Comment

Hi everyone my name is Jason, and I'm in need of help with this plasma tv i bought the other day. I've read though one forum on here that was created by PlainBill cause he had the same PSU but not the rest of the unit was. But sadly my repair training is limited (College got rid of the program...) Well I opened it up, took out the PS and looked at it and found 4 blown caps under a heat-sink (agrees with Bill on the crappy design) rated at 470uf 35v, easy i thought i have those on hand, removed the old ones, and replaced with new ones that we recently purchased from radio shack. put it all back in and turned it on and still nothing. Relay clicks twice (green light) and blinks red several times. I thought testing each other one on the board, but wanted to know if anyone has any info or idea what else could be the problem. I may not have pictures right now but I can find a picture online and circle on it where the bad ones were if need be.

Chassis # EP1.1U AA
                    MODEL# 50PF7321D/37
                    PSU # LJ44-00125A
                    heres my first post

Comment

heres my first post
                      Not helpful. I'm looking for the part number of the plasma panel. An example would be S50HW-YD01.

PlainBill

Comment

Hi Guys, I hope you don't mind but I wanted to ask a quick question about my TV. It is this exact model. I bought it new back in 2007. Almost a year later I started having this problem:

While watching TV at very random times the picture goes black. It seems to still have back lighting and sound. Not sure if this will help but when it happens all I have to do is smack the back of the TV and the picture comes back. Also sometime I get the rainbow of vertical colored lines just before it blacks out. I have not had a chance to check for any bad caps yet but will do so soon. Just wanted to see if you had any ideas.

Thank you for any help!

Comment

Hello folks.

I have replaced faulty capacitors and got the set to come on - ONLY TWICE, not it is clicking the relays and going from green to red repeatedly. I also noticed green blue sparkling pixels in one line when the set was working. Do you think it needs more capacitors replaced, or did the buffer just die on me after fixing the set?

Comment

Originally posted by ZnsaneRyder View Post
                            Hello folks.

I have replaced faulty capacitors and got the set to come on - ONLY TWICE, not it is clicking the relays and going from green to red repeatedly. I also noticed green blue sparkling pixels in one line when the set was working. Do you think it needs more capacitors replaced, or did the buffer just die on me after fixing the set?
                            Pictures please.
                            Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

I don't have a camera at the shop, but the board looks like the other ones I search for online. I can't get a pic of the sparklies, it won't come on anymore.

Comment

50pf7321d/37 solved

THE TV IS UP AND RUNNING!!!!!

This thing was a capacitor nightmare. I literally replaced a heaping handful of capacitors. MOST WERE NOT SWELLED!!! The only ones I did not replace were 470uf 315V SAMXON, 680uf 100V SAMXON, and 270uf 450V SAMWHA

The Power Supply has the infamous SAMXON GREEN GF caps and SAMXON BLACK KM junk.

The GREEN GF caps were the WORST. Almost ALL of them bad, mostly HIGH ESR (over 15ohms) but some also failed capacitance. I replaced as LOW as 1uf, 22, 33, 47 and 100uf!!! I upgraded anything 1000uf and more to 2200uf 25V Nichicon, even the 10V caps. I also replaced a 100uf, 160V cap that read only (77uf) to a 220uf, 220V RUBYCON, which drastically shortened the startup time for the plasma to come on.

I usually don't pay much mind to the smaller caps, but now I will.

I have always known the SAMXON GF caps were junk, but I didn't know they were THAT BAD. From now on I will replace ALL GF caps!

On the X, and Y and Lower buffer boards, all use SAMWHA caps, and they are ok, it's JUST the POWER SUPPLY that uses SAMXON!

I still have the blue/green sparkles, but not near as noticeable after the repair. All the buffer chips cool to the touch.
                                Last edited by ZnsaneRyder; 12-16-2015, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X