OST RLX 0444 capacitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OST RLX 0444 capacitors

Anyone know anything about these capacitors? I ordered a new Epox 8VTAI and this is what is on them.

For the record, I called Asus, Epox, MSI, Gigabyte, and another motherboard manufacturer. They all claim they are only using Sanyo, Panasonic, Rubycon or Nichocon on all new motherboards. I took a look at the displays at Frys, the information given to me over the phone turned out to not be true. All the brands have at least some crap brand capacitors on them. Epox told me they only use Sanyo. MSI states Nichocon or Panasonic only. My assumption is they don't know what brands are on all their current boards, but it sure sounded like they were familiar with the question and knew what answers to give.

These are otherwise reputible companies. In the past I've had nothing but good luck dealing with Epox. I'm just hoping the OST capacitors have been revised. I will be watching them closely.

junk
    worst part about them is they will often fail but not show any visible sign of it

Comment

agreed.
      just recap it now and save time.
      they are crap.

Comment

For the most part, Asus seem ok. Their boards ussually have Rubycon capacitors where it counts (the high capacity, low ESR caps). There may be some crappy brands of caps on the board, but you will find that they are low capacity normal capacitors that have rarely fail anyway.

There have been reports of asus being cheap with their very lowend boards, so do keep an eye open in any case.

Comment

wrong....asus p4c800 deluxe which is not what i would call a cheap board = united chemi-cons and OST everywhere else.
          capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

and some of the new premium boards with Ltec and OST everywhere

do have an A8V-Deluxe on the shelf at work with ALL chemicon, they cant seem to make up their minds

Comment

Originally posted by willawake
              wrong....asus p4c800 deluxe which is not what i would call a cheap board = united chemi-cons and OST everywhere else.
              Wow, that sucks

Looks like I'll have to inspect every motherboard I buy closely before buying it.

Comment

Abit has learned their collective lesson. Nothing but Rubycons all over their newest boards. Good luck!

Comment

Re: OST RLX 0444 capacitors

Originally posted by willawake
                  Gee wiz, my newest motherboard, an Asus A7V8X-X has Chemi-con and OST caps, but all of the caps on the motherboard are fine!!!! The motherboard's already almost 3 years old and have been OC'ing with it since June, 2004!!!!

It has been utterly stable. Has ALWAYS passed Prime95!!!! Since I have gotten my OC problems solved, I have yet to see Prime95 fail.

The motherboard has OST RLX caps.
                  Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 07-27-2005, 07:33 PM.
                  ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

32 GB G.Skill RipJaws V F4-3200C16D-32GVR

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Working...
                  X