Comment

Re: Dell inspiron 531 4gb ram 64 bit OS running very slowly

try speedfan.
      it always displays smart for me.
      Attached Files

Comment

^
        He already has it. I got him to install it in another thread over a different problem.
        I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

so i guess, even the world's fastest pc can still run as slow as an old 1990 pc, right?

Comment

Your HDD transfer graph looks MUCH better now, I guess whatever was wrong is now better
            "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Originally posted by Vivi View Post
              so i guess, even the world's fastest pc can still run as slow as an old 1990 pc, right?
              If there's something wrong with the software, hardware, or settings - yes.
              "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
              -David VanHorn

Comment

Yes! I actually learned something here! And I'm eager to learn more!

Comment

Awesome. Glad it's all figured out

Comment

Great! Now make sure you give that CPU heatsink a good clean when you can.
                    "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
                    -David VanHorn

Comment

I finally got that cleaned, and I also benchmark the second hard drive in the computer with this stats:

I also what to know why my wireless network icon is not showing up on the taskbar like its supposed to.

Comment

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-nz/w...ification-area

"1.Right-click an empty area on the taskbar, and then click Properties.

2.Under Notification area, click Customize.

3.Click Turn system icons on or off.

4.For each system icon, click On in the list to show the icon in the notification area, or click Off to completely remove the icon from the notification area.

5.Click OK, and then click OK again."

You might have to turn the icon off and on before it comes back, if it's already enabled but glitched up somehow that it won't show.

Or, it might be hidden under the extra menu, click the little arrow next to the space where it should be, see if it's in there.
                        -David VanHorn

Comment

thanks for the lnik!

And about this second hard drive... is everything okay with it?

Comment

The graph looks OK to me, nice and smooth without any large drops in throughput anyway.

As you can see compared to one of your earlier ones where it drops down in many places: http://s16.postimg.org/ok4k7gww5/Untitled.png
                            Last edited by Agent24; 03-25-2015, 08:45 PM.
                            -David VanHorn

Comment

Yes! , but why when I insert this hard drive, every time on BIOS bootup, something in the computer beeps 4 times... then loads BIOS splash screen? then gives me a message saying CMOS battery failed? Even with HD SMART on, it still gives me the message. But I just strike F1 and it boots windows, and everything is quick quick, fast fast. Accept for the wireless adapter icon not showing up.

Comment

And it does not have that battery error when the HDD is not connected?
                                -David VanHorn

Comment

^^ right

Comment

go into the bios and then "save settings and exit" with both drives connected.

btw, what bios version is it?

Comment

it is version 1.0.3

Comment

Hi all, I've just recently upgraded my Dell Insprion computer to a Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit operating system, and ever since then the computer's been loading very slow. Very slow, it takes 5 minutes to log into windows, then when it does log in, everything freezes and crashes. it has 4 gb of ram, and all this doesn't make any sense, really.
                                        HIIIIII MAYE BE YOUR WINDOWS FACES SOMES VIRUSES
                                        SOOO reinstall your os and use anti virus for scannig or you windows partition maye bad sector soo another drive to installed another driver

Comment

I finally got that cleaned, and I also benchmark the second hard drive in the computer with this stats:

I also what to know why my wireless network icon is not showing up on the taskbar like its supposed to.

hii im also facing these types off problem
                                          sooo very easy way tooo too resolve these problem
                                          restore your windows earlier date
                                          im sure your problem solve

Comment

Working...
                                          X