This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Interesting forum. Provides such a huge information for a newbie like me to tinkering into a world of electronics. Should find this page sooner.

Name : Andy
    Interest : Pc-Computer-Gadget-Phones-Smart Phone-Whatever that got circuit board in it.

Comment

Hello. Nice to be here for the first time!

Comment

hi , Im Redos from Trinidad , I am here to increase my knowledge in electronics , I just like how do stuff works and fixing them up makes me feel great

Comment

Hi everyone, I am from the UK and look forward to being a member of the community. I have spent most of my life discovering how things work and repairing them so hopefully I can supply some advise as well as find some and have some fun.

Comment

new member from philippines..

Comment

How do you post on this site, or have I done correctly. . Hi my names Ian and have a tv issue if anyone could help please

Comment

From UK to, have an issue with a Samsung PS42C450B1W, I would like to know about the control iv sensor for if buttons on the tv, when you disconnect the buttons from inside I lose the control function of the remote control and as I have a volume button that seems to be stuck I'd like to know what wires I can chop to get the control of my tv back through just the function of the remote control

Comment

Hey everyone from around the world :-)

Comment

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
                    As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread \"clean\" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
                    So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
                    where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said \"w00t.. they have a forum\"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..
                    My user name is VaForklift and I found this forum researching the "dreaded 7 blinks" on my Panasonic TC-P55GT31. I'm no electronic genius; but, I found the common sense and logic expressed in the thread understandable... Not a lot of 'geek speak' jargon is refreshingly appreciated.

Having said that, I will return to a thread about my '7 blink code' issue. Again, thank you for offering the hope for us less technical consumers.
                    VaForklift

Comment

HEY there everyone. My Names Timothy. Found this website searching for a way to fix my two year old brick of a tv.

Comment

Hi everyone!

I´m nebbie here, but a old technician....from the times of discrete transistor and some IC´s. I´m from Spain, but you know for my bad english.....sorry. I promise to improve on this Thanks!!!!

Comment

Hi All, I am from apple-snapper country (NH,USA) & have made a living servicing 'tronics' since college. Good to see a Site with great technical information resources. Hope to add shematics, diagrams & repair tips over the next few months... on music industry products from gee-tar' amps to tape masheens.
                          Found 'badcaps' while desperately lQQkin 4 a jbl "schem". Got it! Many thanx. -M

Comment

Hello fellow members of BadCaps!

My name is Hassan, from the nation's first capital, Philadelphia, PA

I am a computer technician, mainly specialize in software. (implementation and installations.) I also specialize in hardware. I have fixed my first television about 2 years ago (changed some bulged caps on PSU) and it worked! yay for me!

So now, im excited about fixing TVs, who would have guessed?!

Anyway, I bought a DMM (basic one, just for starters) and read a few forums, and now I'm ready to go.

Thanks for listening(reading lol) my long post!

Hassan

Comment

Just signing in to say hello from Manchester, UK.

My main interests are RF Electronics and RC Helicopters, and I found this site high on the list of Google hits while searching for reputable Capacitors.

Comment

Greetings from Bakersfield, CA.
                                I'm mostly a forum lurker (I don't post often)
                                Like some here, I'm looking for info that will help me keep older equipment working on the cheap.

Comment

Ok, so I'll do a somewhat short intro then...I'm CVLoneWolf or you may know me as Bradley R. - from Silicon Valley, California. Most notable about myself I suppose is that I was one of the early engineers at Lexar Media (solid-state storage), employee badge #54. I started as a Jr. Applications Engineering Lab Assistant and ended up as a Sr. Applications Engineer. Most interesting is probably from back in the "fun" days at places like the DNA Lounge night club in San Francisco before and after Linus (Torvalds) bought it (or became the primary partner....whatever - never asked) but Linus and I talked back and forth for a little while about the internet kiosks that he built for the club and the best architecture for them...this would have been back in like 98' I think. If you went in Linus' flat back in those days it was decorated curiously with alot of mannequins in different poses/stages of disembodiment...fun stuff. (Hope you don't mind that Linus!) Back then it seemed normal to do stuff like go down to Sunnyvale and walk straight into Eli Harari's (CEO - Sandisk Corp.) office and give a piece of my mind, or Job's office at Apple. Invented most of the data recovery techniques/theories (or the most effective ones anyway) for getting data back off of damaged or corrupted solid-state storage devices - primarily CompactFlash cards. It was also really interesting being involved with the core development of the USB standard, from USB 1.1 on through to 2.0 before I pretty much retired from high-tech. Now I just fiddle *hack* around with random projects out in the garage. Due to health problems I've had to go back and re-learn a lot of the basics that I once took for granted, so don't kick me too hard when I post seemingly dumb questions or make obvious mistakes please!

Comment

hi, people, my nme is mick, in uk, and trying to learn about tv repairs

Comment

Hi! I am new to the forum. I found the forum while looking for troubleshooting information on a tv of mine. I liked what I saw and decided to join. There is a lot of knowledge here. I enjoy electronics and technology in all of its forms. I like to tinker and repair my own things. If I don't know how to do it I will learn how. I look forward to being part of this group.

Comment

Hi, new member looking for some help with my plasma TV which is on the fritz. Thanks for all the good information

Comment

Found this forum when looking at repair solutions for my monitor.

Comment

Working...
                                          X