This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Have you check your input Voltage to the inverter? That would be step one.
    Preferably with a O-scope so you can see if it is a clean voltage, or full of ripple.
    Then check the output if you have a meter than can handle the output high voltage.
    Do you have any info on what the voltages should be?

Comment

Hello Everyone, I just joined this forum, but I have read many posts on it which pointed me in the right direction on a repair or, made me say "Hmmm." I have been in the electronic repair field for more than thirty five years. My initial training was in audio systems using vacuum tubes. Most of my time is now taken up in the repair/restoration of vintage audio systems.

Comment

Hello everyone - I am a new forum poster though I've frequently browsed BadCaps for information regarding my electronics. I hope I can find some help here regarding my TV.

Comment

Have you gotten any help yet?

Comment

Hello everyone,

Longtime forum lurker here. I like that there is a place where we can share our knowledge of electronics. As you all know the corporations dont like to have too many people know how to repair their electronics so this forum is just right for me because I am a die hard do-it-yourselfer!

Comment

Long time lurker, fixed quite a few tv's. Need help with an oldie and don't want to spend $50 on new power supply for a maybe.

Comment

Hello!
                What kind of oldie? A crt?
                -Lemur

Comment

Originally posted by ENERGYSAVINGS View Post
                  Hello!
                  What kind of oldie? A crt?
                  -Lemur
                  Please post your questions and answers in the appropriate section, not the introductions thread!
                  "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
                  -David VanHorn

Comment

How do we get to that section? Cute quote by the way!

Comment

TV Repair is this forum: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31
                      Cheers
                      "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
                      -David VanHorn

Comment

Agent24
                        Sorry bout the mis-postings
                        -Lemur

Comment

Hi, new member, getting back into electronics after an electronics A-level 10yrs ago and not much since.

Comment

Hi,

New member hoping to be able to fix some dodgy LCD TVs and monitors I have sitting about

Comment

Hello, I am Butch from NC. I have a very bad problem/habit, I like nice things but am to cheap to buy them so I always end up with peoples broken stuff and I fix it and use it myself. Most of the time this works out as long as I figure my labor and research time at about 5 cents per hour.

Comment

hi.\
                                i be back.
                                shalom.
                                melech

Comment

hi everyone. I just found this site and enjoyed reading some of the repair info

Comment

Hi, I come from singapore.

Comment

Hey all, I am 21 year old looking to get my scpetre 32in sorted out. From the looks of it many have had similar problems

Comment

Hi I am new to forum I haven't done much component level shooting since the late 80s in school. be great to get back to it Larry

"Once a man has seen society's black underbelly, he can never turn his back on it. Never pretend, that it doesn't exist"

Comment

Hello, My name is Chris and I have issues with My samsung ps51d6900..... It won't switch on the front power light just keeps flashing.

Hopefully someone on the site will know what's causing it.

Cheers
                                          Chris

Comment

Working...
                                          X