• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

just joined. will be using he site to help fix lcd tv

Comment

New to the forum. Trying to figure out if my bedroom is haunted or my television is. Hope you guys can help me.

Comment

Hello all, I have used your forum for a while now, as a reference at least. Now i have a few problems I cant track down by searching. Looking forward to some expert advice!
        America-well we used to fix our own stuff, now we just buy new...

Comment

Hi. Been while first post. Good to see you all here. I'm fixing laptops tv and other electronic stuff but sometimes need some help from others like now
          Once again good to see you

Comment

I'm a new member and I'm not even sure where I'm supposed to post my introduction. My name is Mike, I'm in Minneapolis, Mn. and I arrived here searching for a way to access a Dell Latitude for a friend. I'll stop for now to find out if I'm doing this right.

Comment

Hellllllllo

Comment

Hi, my name is Mike. I found some repair info on Samsung P2350 here. Looks like a very useful resource here.

Comment

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
                  As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread \"clean\" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
                  So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
                  where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said \"w00t.. they have a forum\"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..
                  helllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllloooooooooooooooooooo
                  Hi everyone,

Can you please help me to find the admin/master password for:

Dell latitude E6420.

BIOS A08

Service Tag : 4G7SFV1-1D3B

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hi everyone,

Can you please help me to find the admin/master password for:

Dell latitude E6420.

BIOS A08

Service Tag : 4G7SFV1-1D3B

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hello,

I joined in order to get some advice on repairing an Insignia 19" LED HDTV. I have zero experience in repairing newer monitors but would love to learn and appreciate any help offered- even if I end up chucking the cheap POS in the parts pile.

Cheers,

~Sacul001

Comment

Hi

My name's Ken. I'm a 59 year old retired Public Servant living in Australia. My main activities these days are fishing and flying remote controlled model aircraft. I have had an interest in electronics at a hobby for many years. I can read a circuit diagram, perform basic tests on components and use a soldering iron but am untrained.

I have an LCD TV that has provided me with solid service for some years that has developed an annoying, intermittent fault and came across this forum while searching the web for a manual and maybe some experiences of people with of a similar problem.

I've had a brief look at a couple of forums and have already found a link to a Service Manual (Thank you!). The general tone of contributions to these forums seems to be both patient and helpful and informative and have registered in the hope of finding some useful information and hopefully sharing my experiences in the future

Comment

hi guys

Comment

hello to everyone good to be here

Comment

Hello world!
                              I am a newbie to this forum. Need professional advice about rework of sensitive small QFNs

I am going to open new thread, so, please, participate.

I really need your advice!

Comment

I joined the group so I could download two scope manuals that I needed. I'm an amateur radio enthusiast.

Comment

Hi all,
                                  I am an Electrical Engineer who has had 30 years in repair of electronics and about 20 years in engineering.
                                  I am very versatile in this field, and can design and build all sorts of digital and analog circuitry. I put myself through Engineering school doing repairs after first getting an Associate degree in electronics, and finding I was a natural troubleshooter. I am lacking somewhat in the newer TV's, but have had some good successes when I have come across repairs of HD TV's. I am looking forward to learning more, as always.
                                  Lets get repairing!!!!!
                                  E.S.

Comment

Greetings! Here to try and fix a I-Inc IF281D. Previously fixed a smaller LCD by replacing caps. Looking forward to participating!

Comment

New member here from New Hampshire USA. I'm no electronics guru that's for sure. I know enough about electronics to be "dangerous" as they say. LOL!

Pretty much here hoping that I can get some info on how to get my older Magnavox 37" LCD tv going again. I've already done the power supply board recap and replaced 2 of the MOSFET chips that seemed faulty on that board about a year ago, but now its acting up again.

I'll do some searching before I throw the main question out there.

So far, this looks like a great forum with lots of helpful people on here

Comment

I am trying to figure out how to check to see if inverter on 46rv530u toshiba is the issue with my tv or power supply any advice? Thanks in advance

Comment

Hi ,
                                          I don't know If I 'm being redundant here or not, (brand new to the forum).
                                          But I am an Electrical Engineer with 30 years experience, 10 of those years as an Electronic Tech with a associates degree.
                                          I put myself through Engineering College by doing repairs on anything that has electrons running through it!
                                          So I got plenty of experience on the old CRT TV's and have had good luck to date on the HD T.V.'s I have worked on. SOOOO many of those are just defective cap problems, with switching power supplys.

The reason this site exists is mainly because bad caps have become an issue almost in whole due to the harsh demands of switching power supplys, on capacitors.
                                          I recognized this early, and started replacing the blown caps with low ESR/ High ripple current caps right from the start.
                                          Anyway, I am open to anyone who might need my help, as I am still learning troubleshooting the newer HD TV's, and could use some help there at times myself.
                                          Hope we can all help each other out!https://www.badcaps.net/forum/images/icons/icon10.gif

Comment

Working...
                                          X