This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello everyone,I`m Tony from the UK and just a keen hobbyist hoping to gain more knowledge.

Comment

First name is Kevin, username wasn't taken!

Completed a 30 year stint in uncle sam's confused group. During this time we went from sextants to dgps. Ahh NEMA strings and getting em through a db9 connector...... heah, I fixed more than I broke!

Jack of a bunch of trades master of none. Bought good tools, and fix dc jacks in laptops out of self defense.

The fixed income folks across the street brought me their tv as the audio went out. Came here to mooch all the help I can get.

Been lurking a few days, registered for the PICTURES!

All computers run linux cept critter's. Something about games.....

Oh, and I need a "professional" to recommend that I "need" a hot air tool
      to convice the warden to expend funds

Thanks!
      Kevin

Comment

I'm Ronald and am from South Africa.
        I'm turning 50 a bit later in the year and know almost nothing about electronics, but are keen to learn about it with the hope that I will be able to troubleshoot pc PSU's and Pc screens.

I had some questions about caps on another forum in SA and somebody referred me to this forum.

I will read through some of the post, where after I will probably make a nuisance of myself by asking lots of noob questions.

Comment

I'm Dunitagain - New Member. Retired after 61 yrs; from USAF(10 yrs); Customer Engineer (Control Data Corp / Verizon) with supercomputer service/technical support/sales/management (28 yrs); Consulting (post retirement); self employed as MJ&R Services (1991 to present). Now I tinker @ A/C home & auto (EPA certified); home computers; TV's Digital Camera's. I have an abundance of old PC CPU's; MOBO's; Peripherals

Comment

I guess I didn't start out right. My intro was placed @ the end of another thread. I'm not sure what goes where. Basically my background will be re-introduced by timeframe below.
            1953-1963 - Trained for Auto Tracking Radar/ Atlas Missile Ground Guidance
            1963-1991 - Control Data Corporation(customer engineer/technical support/management/system sales/management.
            1991 til? - MJ &R Services(self employment ) consulting/service/build PC's. Added digital camera's. I have many new outdated MOBO's/ CPU's /Scanners, etc.
            I currently would be identified as an old tinkerer.

Comment

Hello,

My name is Sam and I'm from Michigan. I just discovered this board but wanted to become a member due to the talent on this forum. I want to thank everyone in advance for sharing their talents!

Comment

Hi all,
                My name is Sinan, and I live in Sofia - Bulgaria.
                I moved from Israel to here a couple of years ago, and my lovely TV just broke.
                I would like to understand more information, and see if I can attempt fixing it myself, or at least understand what happened to it before talking to a technician.

Comment

Hello everybody, just started working with circuits, mods and the like this year. Found the site when researching an issue with my TV and everyone us extremely knowledgable and helpful.

Comment

Hi, everyone!! I'm an old but new member I've been a member since early 2013 but now is my first time around.

My name is Jorge,but you can call me Joe, I'm from P.R. and love to tinker with electronics such as computers, video games and so on. In case any one wants/ needs to know anything else you can ask me. I hope to have a good time and learn a thing or two from you

Comment

New Member introductions

Hello fellow engineers and tinkerers alike
                      I'm a network engineer/systems engineer for a mid-sized MSP. I have crossed this site many times looking for answers to resolving hardware issues. I ran across a post today on this site and was amazed with the participation and willingness of the members to help resolve another's hardware issue and felt like I needed to be a part of this group of folks. I tinker with things trying to either make them better or just fix stuff people throw away due to the lack of effort or knowledge to fix. I find myself repairing things just to give them away to families or friends that I know will appreciate it.

Comment

Hello my name is Zach.

Trying to be techy and fix my TV was a pain the back.

Now I'm here looking for some help. Would really love not purchasing a whole new TV.

Comment

Hello friends and neighbors. How ya'll doin' ?

I'm good. Except my Panasonic TC-32LX85N has a dead power board from a lightning strike(doggone circuit breaker failed, took out my little Spectre monitor too).

I come in peace, looking for info on pieces, so I can fix my TV and get some peace.

Thank you for having me.

Comment

Hello everyone, I am happy to say that this forum has helped me out more than a few times. So I thought I would register and become a member. I'm not a trained repair tech but somehow end up always wanting to do it myself. Maybe because I'm cheap...no really because I'm broke! Well thanks.

Comment

Hey, guys. I've always had a fascination of the inner workings of electronics. This site has pointed me in the right direction and also helped to save some money repairing electronics. Thanks for all the great info!

Comment

Hi everyone, my name is Terry, I live in the northwest of England, for most of my long working life I've been involved the repair of TV's, VCR,s and Hi Fi equipment. I started repairing PC,s when domestic equipment became more reliable so work dried up a bit. Although dodgy electrolytics can cause problems for equipment users, to the repair trade they are a godsend. There's nothing like taking the back cover off a tv and seeing a domed electrolytic cap staring you in the face. Sorry if this seems a bit heretical on this forum but there's two sides to every story. It's always reassuring to find other people are struggling with modern PSU's and you're not own. Hope to pick other forum members brains and be of assistance myself where possible.

Comment

Hello, my name is Sean and I'm a tech hobbyist. O know a good deal about computer rebuilding and repair, looking to learn more about tv's

Comment

Hello,

Tom here, a long time lurker and reader of the forums here at badcaps. However with days of my most recent unsolved issue, Ill be making my first post shortly to begin the fun of lcd diagnosing! Thanks so much for all the knowledge and information here!

Comment

Hey now!
                                      Trying to get info on HP LP3065

Comment

Hi, my name is Miroslav and i am from Slovakia.I servicing LCD TV and your forum is for me very interesting.

Comment

hello guys Im an old hand at Tv repair had to retire recently due to ill health but I still get to keep my hand in from friends and relatives pestering me to fix their stuff bet you all know that particular feeling when you would rather just sit down and watcjh the footy with a beer

Comment

Working...
                                          X