This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hey... Noob to the forum but not to bad caps! I'm a lifetime electronics & computer geek and a ham. Seen way too many bad caps!! First I saw were on motherboards, then home electronics (stereos, dvd players), computer power supplies, and even the family LCD TV. A old posting about a gateway laptop I'm trying to fix led me to the forum. I love fixing stuff and this looks like a great resource!

Comment

Hi! New guy to the forum, DIY electronics repair guy from way back, I fix all sorts of stuff. Lots of arcade and pinball repair here. I found this forum doing a search on a plasma TV I just picked up that has some display issues.

Comment

Hi, I'm a professional Electronics Engineer who has just stumbled across this brilliant forum.
        It started with me having a faulty Dell 3008WFP monitor and now I've learned here about the (in)famous "D22" fault, I've just saved almost $1,200 on a new monitor. Can it get any better than that?! I guess I'll soon find out.....
        -David

Comment

Hi folks, Tiezane here. I'm relatively new to Electronics tinkering. I've been a computer geek since forever ago (first computer was a TI-99 4/a when I was about 5). I've recapped a board before with parts I got from here, and I'm handy with a soldering iron, but I have no formal training. Did a couple of classes towards my AS/EE at the local community college before life (and my newborn daughter) got in the way

I've been scrounging recoverable electronics off of Craigslist for a while now, and I'm able to diagnose what's wrong, but I fall off when it comes to figuring out how/where to get the right replacement parts. I have flat panels and subwoofers that need repair but just can't seem to get past that last hurdle. Any help would be appreciated!

Comment

-__-

Comment

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
              I get the 'thrill' from coming up with cures for problems, creative and USEFUL mods (this DOES NOT include neon lights and corny batman windows in my cases)...
              THE Ultimate Geek Case Mod
              How bout a coffeepot that keeps your coffee hot while cooling the CPU!

Well on to my Introduction

My Name is Dean and Im a 52 year young computer tech / tinkerer.
              built my first heathkit 11 meter rig when I was 15 and promptly mounted it on the handlebars of my bike with a turner 2 deskmike duct taped firmly to the top, twin trucker whip antennas and 2 motorcycle batteries. I didn't know anything about EMF radiation dangers back then.... maybe thats why im a little weird.

Found this site because of a customer brought in a 42 inch Sanyo TV that has the black screen problem and you guys are the only sensible info on repairing it out there that I can find.

more posts later after I devour as much TS info on flat panel TVs as my synapses can comprehend.

Thanks for being there

Dean

Comment

New to the forum and signed on to "self-repair" a Panasonic plasma TV (as opposed to the $500 Bust Buy offer to fix it for). Looks like a great resource!

Comment

Hi everybody,

my Name is Danny from Hamburg, Germany. I'm an IT Technician an I found this interesting forum while searching for a solution to (self)repair my Panasonic Plasma..

Comment

hI i AM aLTON BETTER KNOWN ALDIGGY THIS IS MY FIRST FORUM BUT I'LL GET UP TO SPEED QUICKLY

Comment

Hi,

I'm stephane from France, hope can help you like this forum will help me.

Regards

Comment

Hi all I'm nibbler hope too find answers too my electrical problems

Comment

hello everybody
                          came here because I needz help with my dell latitude E5530. Some wise-nose put a BIOS password and off course cant remember or will not want to remember. So surfing the googlez I ended up here, and waiting for some hilp (help). I am from the Netherlands a small country in North-West Europe. Netherlands is not Germany, but a neighbour of Germany, different language alltogether.
                          bybyzzz
                          Last edited by kaya; 08-05-2013, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Wassup guys. New to the forum I enjoy breaking things and TRY to fix back up lol. Been doing all sorts of things from cable/satellite tv, infrastructure cabling and now my new adventure as a telephone maintainer for the city of new york YAY! Im actually glad i found this forum. Ive been reading up on fixing my westinghouse monitor that crap out a couple of days ago i TRY (see how i emphasized TRY) to fix with radio shack caps but i think is the fets or the rectifier or both lol. So i welcome myself to this forum and lets see how long it takes me to solve my problem.

Comment

hi to all, new mwmber here cheers

Comment

Hello!
                                I live in Portugal - Europe and saw this forum over the net.

I want to have info for mod audio cards,
                                Right now i want info for the Sound Blaster Live.

I saw some info on that but i need pics... sooner i will send the posters an pm asking that pics of the live modded either caps,clocks,opamps,psu's whatever!

Thanks

Comment

Hi, I´m Nils. I live in Norway, and I am currently trying to Bring back my old Rocktron Velocity 300 power amp back to life.
                                  I have worked as a pro musician/composer since 1986, and I have been using different computers since the BBC micro 128/UMI sequencer, and all the way up to modern Mac machines. (I still use my BBC computer from 1987)

Comment

Got a samsuck tv

Comment

Hi! My Name is Marcel. I'm from Germany. While I'm actually at law school, I like to spent (too) much of my free time with electronics. I just like to repair things, if it actually works and enjoy to learn new stuff every day. One very tough case (broken TV) brought me here. So let's see if I can get it fixed with your people's help. That'd be cool

Comment

Hey yall, Just a word of thanks for the ok to join up as new Member...Name is Nick, and I reside in Southwest Mo. Have a background in tv radio but many moons ago. Retired as a Hospice Nurse about 3-4 yrs ago and always been interested in electronics. Just recently had a thunderstorm that knocked out my son in laws 2 lcd tvs, one is a lc407em1 40" emerson. Thot i would take a look and with a little help from my friends, see what the damage is and attempt to make it right. Seems like a real Knowledgable group and will post more as time goes by. Nice to say hello and be talking to you all soon. nick

Comment

Hi, I'm learning loads from this forum, especially about how to fix my Samsung monitor which i am determined to get working! Thanks for sharing you're knowledge!

Comment

Working...
                                          X