This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello everyone. Forums are a great way to not only learn but a great way to fix things, anything from appliances, to cars, to TV sets, etc. I've joined quite a few and have never been disappointed with the help I've received. I'm also glad to help whenever I can. I've joined this forum because I've always been interested in electronics, particularly fixing electronic devices. Trouble is, I don't know much about it, yet. I can use a multimeter and can check continuity, voltages, etc. but that's about it. My project now is a broken Vizio 37" TV. My first post will be about it.

Comment

Hell everyone,

Have a monitor that is behaving funky, googled the issue and stumbled on this great forum.

Comment

Hi! New to badcaps but old to electronics. I have been in consumer electronics sales and service for over 50 years and still learning due to the rapid changes in products and advances in new production components. Owner of A-Plus Electronics located in central Minnesota. Hope to pick up some new tricks and procedures and may be able to toss a few ideas your way.
        Thanks,
        deakon

Comment

Hi, my name is Mike and I am from Rhode Island. I am new to the whole TV repair concept, though I have a strong background in computers and have a basic knowledge of electronics in general. If nothing less I'd like to learn more so that I can maintain my own TV's and be able to help family and friends with theirs.

Comment

Hello. Names Adam from Ohio and am new to this forum. EE degree from university of dayton. Specialty is DC motor control.

Comment

Hi guyz...fiddling with a Samsung P2350...Bad Backlight...Ive used a torch to check that it works and yes...someone is home in there.. so Ive stripped it down...trouble is the Caps lk fine...just like s bought one...all look good....so O was going to test the backlights independently..drive them with another source....then I found this forum...and some information specifically on teh P2350...so ...Im in for a penny...thanks..

Comment

Hi Guys my name is Henry and I have just joined bad caps and I am just saying Hi!
                I repair tv,s mainly but I am of the old school as my quals are the old Radio, TV Electronics Mechanics City and Guilds so I struggle with some of the modern firm ware. As far as hard ware going faulty I seem to get more hard ware faults rather than soft ware faults on laptops, with me that's is just how the cookie crumples.
                I am looking forward to an eventful membership.
                H

Comment

Thank you accepting me to "Badcap" family.. i Ve been working since 1995 as computer service engineer.

Comment

hi all names wreksta I hope to be able to help others and gain some knowledge myself
                    I have fixed a few broken lcd's and plasmas

Comment

Hi everyone,
                      I'm from the national capital area in Canada.
                      30 plus years as an electrician.
                      Specialized in industrial control circuits.
                      worked on pc's, as a family project with my daughter and son. Began with T.I. 64 in the early 80's, till the all mighty Pentium and beyond. resolving hardware and programming issues along the way.
                      Retired now, but still kicking around trying to fix things along the way.
                      Very glad to have found your community.
                      thanks for having me aboard.

Comment

Forgot to mention in case there are people who might have worked for Michelin Tires in the past,
                        i worked as a maintenance sector technician in the finishing department in the 80's in the C3 plant in Nova Scotia.
                        Thanks

Comment

Seems as tho bad caps are everywhere. Came here to learn. Thanks.

Comment

Hey guys, thanks for having this site, joined cause i was troubleshooting my tv. Been in the Electrical electronic/ computer Business for many years. Trained by military. Work now as a Computer Analyst. I will work in anything that i can get instructions on.

My question is about the Vizio vx42l, can you change out the master inverterboard separate, or does the slave and master have to be changed together?

Comment

Hi, my name is Ian and I have just joined the forum. I am hoping to solve some problems on a Samsung LCD TV.

Comment

Hi All,
                                I was searching online for schematics for a JBL powered speaker & came across this forum. Seems like a nice place to have landed.
                                I am the sole proprietor of an independent electronics service shop in Marin County, CA. (Studio Maintenance Center) specializing in Pro Audio gear. I have worked as a maintenance technician in recording studios for most of the past 35 years, with a few side trips doing tech support for some equipment manufacturing companies (Hewlett Packard & Otari). What a long strange trip it's been.
                                Nice to be here, or as Keith Richards likes to say: "Nice to be anywhere"!
                                Cheers,
                                Mark

Comment

hi everyone...I am a DIY'er and recently acquired a Vizio LCD (SV421XVT) from a colleague who said it just powered off one day while watching it. I hope to find enough info on this forum to troubleshoot it and fix. thanks

Comment

Hello. I'm a newbie with a busted 13-month usage Panasonic TCP55GT30 (build date October 2011). We purchased from RC Willey in June 2012. Apparently we need an SC board replacement. Of course we're just out of the warranty period. Hopefully, I'll find info on this forum on how to proceed.

Comment

Hey all I am a Heavy Equipment Technician / IT professional / Project Manager PMP / handyman fix it guy. Name is Kelly and I live it Saskatchewan, Canada
                                      Oh and I love the CFL!

Comment

Hi all. I'm a old tool maker that likes to fix things rather then trash them. Found this site yesterday.

Comment

Hi everyone,
                                          New user to this forum. A problem with an LCD TV led me here. Hoping to find some meaningful answers.
                                          Located in Vancouver, Canada.

Comment

Working...
                                          X